Chapter 17 - Rude

Kaycee's POV:

"That was amazing dancers. Good Job!!" Miss Kate says. "Kaycee, its your team's turn now". Woah. Tati's routine was amazing. It was neat and precise and so so clean. Although if I'm being honest, I couldn't really feel the emotion. Dance is such an emotional and soulful art. Tati's routine kinda lacked that. But it definetly is one to beat.

I'm not very worried. We've got a really good routine and as long as everyone does their part to the best of their ability, we'll be good."Okay. Come on guys." 

"Good luck kayc" Sean whisper's when I walk past him. I turn around and wink at him and he smiles back at me.

We get into position and the music starts. The first few verses of the song everything went according to plan but just when we were about to hit the chorus, I notice Tahani bumping into Julian. I dont react and continue with my dancing. 

As the song continues, she just keeps on messing up and bumping into people. I don't understand. She did the whole entire routine perfectly yesterday and she seemed very confident about it too. What went wrong?!

As the song comes to an end, all the dancers in my team are shocked. Everyone saw how she acted yesterday. I honestly have no words for this.

Tati's team mockingly claps and Kate sends a glare their way.

"Kaycee, What was that??!"

"I - uhh- I- I don't know what happened Miss Kate! Everyone knew the choreo well yesterday and especially Tahani. She even insisted on going home early because she was that prepared."

"Is this true Tahani?" 

"Uhmm no Miss Kate. Clearly I'm underrehearsed. Kaycee didn't practise enough."

What??! That's such a lie.

"What?! No. You told me you were ready. Ask anyone YOU said you were ready."

"Okay you know what?! I'm done with this. Tahani you were clearly under rehearsed no matter what the reason was. And Kaycee, I honestly don't know what to say." Miss Kate says.

I honestly feel disappointed. It didn't matter if I became dance captain or not. I wanted to show Miss Kate and Chris what I was capable of. But clearly I showed them anything but that.

"I understand Miss Kate. I'm sorry."

"Well then if that's all you have to say Chris and I have a decision to make." And she and Chris go into her office.

Tati's POV:

Tahani is literally the bestest friend a girl could ask for. She did such a good job in making sure Kaycee's team did not win. I see Tate coming towards us.

"Tahani what was that??!"

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Why did you mark the routine? You did really well yesterday."

"She did what she had to do Tate. Squad memebers have each other's back remember?? Or are you no longer interested in being in the squad?" I ask her with a glare.

"I do. Its just - I-I- I don't really know" 

"Its fine. Its fine. We all make mistakes. Come here." We do a big group hug. Tahani and Tate are my best friends. We've been through so much together. 

"We should have a sleepover tonight" Tahani suggests.

"Yea! We always sleepover." And just then Kkate and Chris come out.

"Alright dancers. We've made a decision."

"We took into account both the routines and the Dance Captain is" Miss Kate loves suspense ugh. "Tati."

YESS!! I knew it! Tahani's plan worked and I totally knew it would. You can't mess ith the glam squad.

"What?! But that's not fair Miss Kate." Julian says.

"I'm sorry but the decision is already been made."

I smirk looking at Kaycee. Now that I'm dance captain, I can easily make her life here Hell.

She won't know what hit her