Chapter 15 - Dance Captain

Kaycee's POV:

"What about you Kaycee? Would you like to try out to be the dance captain of our studio?" Kate asks me and I gulped.

"N-n-n-o. No thank you." I stutter out. Being a dance captain is a HUGE responsibility and I just got here. I wanna get comfortable around the studio and competing before I take responsibilities like that.

"See. No thank you. She doesn't even want to do it." Tati exclaims a little too harsh.

"Listen. This is MY studio. And I decide what's best for it. So Kaycee, will you audition to be dance captain?"

"I-I- I.."

"Do you want to help the studio out. Do you wanna be part of A - troupe?"

"Yea-a-h. Yes." I tell finally.

"Great and Tati?" Miss Kate asks.

"Oh yeah. Squad lets go." She turns around to her 'squad'.

"Aaaand I'm going to be calling the teams." Chris tells us.

"Are you kidding me?" Tati exclaims.

We gather around Chris as he divides us into 2 teams.

"On this side we have Kaycee, Tahani, Bailey, Josh, Daniel and Julian." Oh darn. Sean's not on my team. Wait what?! Why do I care if he's not in my team??  "And on the other side we have Tati, Sean, Sage, Kenzie, Chloe and Tate."

All of my team mates come to my side and the others go to Tati's side. "We pick Studio 1" 

"Then we get Studio 2." Josh says.

"Have fun with that." Tati tells us.

"We will. Thank you." I tell her and lead the way to Studio 2.

Let the competition begin.

Tahani's POV (Thought I'd try something new!!) :

Ughhhh!! I absolutely hate this. Why did I have to be in her team?? WHY??! 

Right now we were in Studio 2 warming up. I never thought I'd see the day where Tati's captaincy would be threatened because she is THE best, but here we are. I mean what was Kate and Chris thinking. Tati was captain for the last two years and NOW they wanna change it up?!

Kaycee looks at us like she doesn't know what to do. Ughhh I hate this so much.

"I think we're all nice and stretched up right guys??" She asks us.

We all nod and then she says, "Well I was thinking before we start, we could do a bit of improv. Sounds good." Everyone says yeah and then she says, "Okay so this is what we're going to do. we are going to be playing a fun little game called Dancimals."

Dancimals?! Why are we playing a game?? We're supposed to be rehearsing.

"Dancimals? What's that?" Josh asks her.

"Its a fun game where we act like different animals." 

"Ooh I got this. Look Ape!!" Julian says and starts acting like an ape.

"You know whats better? Starfish." Josh says and lays flat on the ground. 

Everyone gets into the game while I'm just standing here. We should be rehearsing not playing games meant for a 5 year old!! While everyone's goofing around, I take a proper look at Kaycee. She has the fit of a dancer, but she's no match for Tati. And everyone seems so comfortable around her. They're probably faking it since she's new. 

Anyway she is not going to be dance captain. Not under my watch.

---- 45 minutes later----

"5, 6, 7, 8,..." Kaycee counts down and we start the routine. Not going to lie, Kaycee's routine is good. Obviously it doesn't compare to Tati but she's not bad. We just finalised the routine and we've been doing it a couple times now.

The song finishes and we stand in our final positions. "That was so good you guys!! How are y'all feeling??" Kaycee asks us.

"Its such a good routine Kaycee!! But I think we should-"

"Go home now. It looks good so I think we're done" I cut Josh off. If I want Tati to be dance captain then we gotta be as under rehearsed as possible.

"Yea it looks good. Let's go home then!!" Kaycee says. I smirk. My plan worked.

Kaycee better watch out

A/N: Hey guys!! Woah its been a Hot minute since I last uploaded. Ik Ik I've been AWOL for a long time but I'M BACK NOW!! I really do wanna apologise for not uploading more and sooner but the time period I took off was something I needed to do. Nonetheless I'm back and hopefully I'll be able to write more and publish more often. 

While I was away I actually strted something REALLY cool and fun. Drumroll please....... I've got my very own PODCAST now!!! Its actually insane to think of but I 've been doing it for some time now and I cannot tell you how much I enjoy doing it. So if you guys want (I really hope you do) you can check it out on Spotify, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts and a few other platforms under the name 'HebaTalks'!!! 

It would mean the absolute world if you guys did check it out and let me know down in the comments what y'all think about it!! Also while your there don't forget to hit the follow/subscribe button as well. 

I promise I will upload soon and more often. Still not sure on a schedule or anything but I will figure something out. 

I hope this chapter was fun to read. Please make sure to vote and comment your thoughts down below!! 

I love you guys and will see y'all in the next chapter

xoxo HBI

Instagram : peaanuuttttt