53 - The Knight bus home

Start from the beginning

"It was Quidditch -" 

"I was young once too you know! I know that isn't a mark made by anything like a Bludger or beaters bat so, I will ask you again ... where and who gave it to you?" 

"Dad please -" 

"It was Fred wasn't it?" He glared. 

"Talking about me already (y/n)?" Fred had just walked in the kitchen as Sirius finished. Looking down at your worried expression Fred narrowed his gaze, catching on that something was wrong. "What's wrong (y/n)?" What Fred had yet to notice was Sirius looking as if he wanted to kill the boy on the spot. 

"Fred ..." Lupin spoke in a calm voice. "perhaps you should sit -" 

"He won't need to!" Sirius spat. He turned around and grabbed the cloest thing to him which happened to be a frying pan. "COME HERE WEASLEY!" He yelled, chasing the boy around the kitchen. 

"W- what ... I haven't done anything!" Fred sprinted away trying to avoid the tall man chasing him with a frying pan. 

"YOU KNOW FULL WELL WHAT YOU'VE DONE! YOU SLEPT WITH MY DAUGHTER LAST NIGHT!" Sirius screamed. "I LET YOU KISS HER AT THE YULE BALL ONCE! NOT SHAG HER IN MY HOUSE!"

"Sirius please -" Lupin tried to calm him down. "What if Molly hears? Hmm? Did you think about that?" Sirius lowered the pan, now looking at his best friend. "Besides," Lupin spoke in a low voice so only he and Sirius could hear. "I thought you liked Fred?" 

"Yes but I don't want him -" Sirius gestured to the two of you. "doing that -" 

"She isn't a child anymore, I know you want to protect her and keep her safe but Fred will do her no harm. You know that." Lupin slowly took the frying pan from his best friend's hand and placed it back on the side before continuing.

"I've seen the way he acts around her at Hogwarts and not just him but George and Lee too, all they want is to take care of her. It reminds me of Lily and us, Fred is like James he just wants to impress and protect the girl he loves and George and Lee are like you and I, they see her as a little sister who'd give anything to see her happy." 

Sirius seemed to have calmed down at his words, he looked over to you and Fred. The two of you were sat at the kitchen table, you were quietly talking to Fred, trying to reassure him that your Dad wasn't going to kill him. 

"You might want to change that jumper before Molly gets down here. Don't think she'll want to know what one of her sons gave you that." Sirius said, slumping down in one of the kitchen chairs. You nodded at your father and went to change. "Oh and (y/n) ..." 

"Yes?" You stopped in your tracks. 

"This stays between the four of us." Sirius gestured to you all in the room. "No one is to know, for yours and Freds sake. I don't want to deal with Molly if she ever found out." 

---

For the rest of your stay Sirius was far more overprotective with you. He'd now make sure you sat next to him at breakfast, lunch and dinner. When you wanted to study, Sirius would now always sit in the room with you or try and help you with your work. You also tried to go on a walk to clear your head but Sirius shifted into his animagus form so he could walk alongside you. And everytime Fred was in a room with you Sirius was never far away. 

Today was the day before you were supposed to be heading back to Hogwarts. You, Fred and George were currently packing for your return to school. George had found out about you and Fred. He noticed his twin wasn't in his room that morning and after breakfast he comfronted his brother about his absenece and once George had found out, he wasn't ever going to let the two of you live it down. This meant Lee would be told on the train and you feared for his reaction.