Chapter 20 - FILER

AN: I know I'm the worst I forgot if Abbie had a roommate, so now she does and her name is Jess.

I opened the text.

Phil before I say anything I love you ok, so much and one day we could live in a small town, in a typical house. With pets and maybe a foster child. I want to grow old with you. Look, my mum isn't happy, she flipped out and started telling me that God didn't create me to like my own gender, it was sick and wrong. That I'm filthy and she wants to straighten me out. She slapped me twice, but nothing else. Yet. She told me that she couldn't have you living here right now. Knowing we had committed a sin in the house. I hope she meant by kissing and didn't know what else. I'm glad your sister showed up as she was saying about putting you into a care home. Or finding out about other family. Your sister was a life saver on that behalf. Hopefully she will come to grips with it soon. But we can still meet up. I know you'll be at your sisters which isn't exactly down the hallway from my room, but we can make this work. Maybe I could sleep there a few nights? If I tell my mum I'm at somebody else's. I'm really sorry, I knew the hickeys where a mistake and we completely forgot to hide them. I love you. I love you more than anything in the world and you shouldn't ever forget that.
Dan x x x

'She was going to kick me out.' I mumbled to my sister, who sat in silence beside me driving to her home. I'd never been, so looked forward to it a lot.

'It's ok, come on, you've been through a lot these past few weeks.' Abbie whispered, and started to drive. The car fell to silence as we moved down streets. Going onto the motorway as it drew later. I started to drift to sleep. But the next thing I know, I'm parked outside a flat.

'Welcome home, for now.' She laughed. 'Jess is most likely already asleep, if you want to share my bed tonight, we can sort out everything else tomorrow.'

'Thank you.' I mumbled.

'Wait, Phil.' She called, I turned.

'Mhhm?'

She said nothing, instead she slowly leaned in to give me a hug. It felt night to have somebody comfort me. But it didn't feel right, it not being from my boyfriend.

'It'll be ok, Dan is only a phone call away.' She pecked my forehead before heading up the stairs to the apartment, she unlocked the door and we walked in together.

-

Soon we where in her bed. I closed my eyes, as she cuddled into my shoulder and I placed my hand across her waist. I guess people might think that is a little wrong, but we couldn't be together as kids, so I guess we are making the most of it now.

'Shit.' I muttered.

'What's up?'

'I forgot my tablets!'

'What does that mean?' She asked, pushing my hair out my face.

'I'm likely to have a nightmare.'

'I'll be right next to you to wake you up, I'll drove back in the morning and get them ok.'

'Thanks.' I whispered.

'That's what sisters are for.' She spoke, sleepily.

- - - -
The nightmare never came, instead I dreamt of Dan and myself. Living happily ever after. What he wrote in the text.

*Beep*

I jumped.

*Beep*

I was awake. My phone was getting two texts. Both from Dan.

Hope you didn't have a nightmare, I saw you didn't take your tablets baby. My mum is still asleep, once you left she walked upstairs and didn't come out of the room. I'm scared. I love you.

And the second read.

I'll tell school your ill. Come down today, if you can. I'm guessing somebody is getting the tablets, we need to talk. I can't be away from you. Not after before the drama last night.

I smirked knowing exactly what he was talking about before replying.

I'll try to come down. Love you more, and the hickeys still haven't gone.

I felt as if something big was going to happen today, and I do hope it's a good thing,