Chase's confession

8

The lunch bell rings.
I am nervous and I don't even know why.

I went outside to meet up with chase. Is it stupid going there? Yes. Do I know what  awaits me? No. Do I wanna go? Yes. Is that reason enough for me to go? Yes.

So I kept walking not knowing what will happen next. But why was he acting so weird these past days? Maybe I'll get some answers. It's just lunch and after lunch I just have another period and than I can go home.

I am taking the corner. I can see Chase. He looks... nervous? Why is he nervous?
When he sees me he keeps walking at me fastly.

"Molly. Hi."

"Hi Chase."

"Hi. I'm glad you came. Honestly I didn't think you would but u did, thank god."

"Yes, I came. And I don't know why either."

"Yeah.. So I need to talk to you."

"About?" Can't he just say what he wants?

"It is not that easy."

"Okay. Look, Chase. If you are waiting for your friends to come because they are late it's okay but just tell me then I can go. I don' t want to get a bucket of water all over me again. Remember?"

Yeah. He and his friends did that once. Worst day ever. It was winter and they had no better idea to give me a shower. Then, I had to go home, wet, in winter. Yes I got sick after that.

" Yes. But It's not another shit thing. This ends now, Molly because.. because.."

"Because what?"

"Because I'm sorry."

Wait what?! Is that another prank? Must be, duhh.

"What? So first of all what for and second of all why now?"

"Im sorry, Molly. This is the truth. I am sorry for everything I did. For every single thing. I wanna start all over again. I know this is weird. But let me explain. I heard you talking with Pop the milkshake guy. I just needed to go to the toilet but I took the wrong door. Than I heard everything. If I have had known everything. Molly I am so sorry,"

"Okay Chase breathe. It's okay. No, actually it is not okay that you've heard everything but let's forgot that. Just why?"

"I- I- oofff it's hard Molly." His eyes started watering. Oh my god what happened to him.

"Heyy. shhh. It's okay take your time."

"Yeah. Soo. Puhhhh. My my mother. She- ooff I am so sorry Molly"
Now he's crying. Oh no. I feel bad. I just needed to hug him so I took a step and swung my arms around his shoulders.

"It's okay. Chase whatever it is. You don't have to tell me."

He hugs me back. After I told him that it's okay if he doesn't tell me what happened with his mom he hugs me harder.

The feeling I got while hugging him is something I can't identify.

"No Molly. I need to tell you this. Chase just do it. My mother died. She died. She died because she was overweighted. She was sick and she had had many health problems but mainly with her heart. She- She died a year ago, she had a heartfailure."

"I'm sorry for your loss, Chase."

"Thank you" He loosens the hug.

"Of course."

"So I needed to tell you that what I've heard. I can't be the reason for some one to end his life while the person's having the same problem my mom was struffling with too. Yesterday was just painful. I was never aware of what I was doing."

He looked into my eyes. His hands are making it's way slowly to my arms. When he touched them sparks burned in my hand. He flinched his hand away. He felt that too. He kept trying again. This time he is rolling up my sleeves.

" What are you doing? " I panicked.

He just looked at me.

"Chase.." My voice was shaking.

"Molly I wanna see what I've done."

"No Chase. No fucking way. Never. Unsderstand NEVER."

"Molly I am sorry okay."

"I think I need to head back to class."

"Wait. Molly." He grabbed my arm again. Why does it feel so nicely?

"What?"

"Are we going to see each other?"

"I don't know. If you want to. You already got my number, just text me."

"Okay. See ya"

"Bye."

I need to hurry my class starts in a minute. What was that about?