Chapter 9, Robyn

Robyn~

Dear diary

Its been a week from the time Jade got us arrested before I got grounded. He was foolish to think that we could trespass and not get caught. I was foolish. It all started when Jade decided to take me somewhere. He was so secretive about it, probably because I'd say no. Anyway, we reached this mountain and went up, which was hard, by the way. Oh, and did I mention dangerous. It was something I've never done. Jade and I talked about many stuff but nothing personal. I feel like he doesn't like telling me anything. His eyes were as deep as the ocean. Calm and gentle, but just like the sea, you could drown. Swimming in its shallow ends for uncovering the secrets of the oceans could be fatal.

So this is what I learned;
He can't sing. It always sounded funny to me while I had a good voice.

We both love mac and cheese.
We have the same taste in music, which is old school love songs which we sang together. He made the best omelettes that I have ever tasted. He wouldn't tell me how he made it.

Before I could finish it, we got caught. Argh, tell me about it, such a buzz kill. All I could think of was how do I explain this to my parents. Woah, let me tell you how shocked I was when dad walked in the interrogation room, I couldn't even speak. He wouldn't let me.

I nibbled away at my pen as I wondered what I missed, oh right. I was under house arrest for a week. I was about to jot that down when Jade snapped his fingers frantically in front of me, earning him an eye roll.

"Earth to Robyn," Jade said.

I pull out my tongue, crunching my nose as I crossed my eyes. Jade laughed a bit. I hate being bored. I could do my work, watch Monica and Dean be a couple, watch them make out, no ew, gross. Then there's Jade next to me, done with his work staring at me, with his all to serious face, "you seem lost in your thoughts, what's wrong?"

"You're seriously going to ask that after traumatizing my poor soul," I pout but seeing the guilt pull him down, I immediately said, "I'm kidding. It doesn't bother me now."

Its been about three months since I've met him, and I've already become best friends with him. I don't know if he considers me that, but he is. I know that best friends chill more often, and they go out and have fun together. They even stay home watch movies with you. We didn't do that, but we did get arrested together. That's friendship goals, suckers.

"Jade?"

"yes, Princess."

My fingers start twisting around each other as I spoke, "what am I to you? A friend, your best friend, or something else?"

"friends, I guess. "

Just friends, huh. "How do I become your best friend?" I cajoled, pushing my hair behind my ears.

"There's a lot I have challenges because you see the word best friend isn't for everyone. To me, it is a special term for someone that would be down for you. A ride or die."

"Okay, bring on the challenges, " I chirped.

"Okay, when school ends. I want you to meet me at David Tishbi Jewelry, after 3, because I want to go home and eat first."

"Okay," he smiles gently, making me wonder how many girls have fallen for that smile of his. It's has a mischievous outlook.

I find myself by the shop seconds earlier than the designated time. I don't see Jade anywhere. Is he seriously going to make a girl wait? I hope not. I couldn't help myself from looking around the shop. There was a glass cabinet with watches, a cabinet with rings, and another with necklaces. Drawn, I went to the stand with pendants. One pendant caught my eyes, a golden heart that splits into two pieces. I guess you buy it and give half to your best friend or boyfriend. My hands tugged the shinny object, studying it. "this baby is a 24 carrot gold plated necklace," the owner of the shop says.