Chapter 10, Listen To Your Gut, It Knows

Jade~

Crouched away in the west of California stands a club like no other, where anybody who is somebody goes- Penthouse night and day club. Two bars span the length of the room, facing each other; counter-tops; are made of black granite and tempered glass, shiny and spotlessly clean. Framed by illuminated shelves made of glass, sustaining a variety of alcohol drinks, I should start counting those bottles since I don't belong here. However, this is barely visible due to the massive queue of teens dying to quench their thirst for alcohol and fun, something I apparently don't have. Between the two bars is the VIP area, which was even more luxurious. Lush leather chairs in sets of four surround an odd-shaped glass table, beside each stands a hot waitress wearing a stunning red dress, waiting for an order if it was me that she was serving. I'd order her to get me the hell out of here.

The flashing lights thrash in all directions, hitting multiple mirrors surrounding the room. The odours of expensive perfumes blend in with the smell of alcohol and sweat. Fast pace music blared. You can be in the toilets and still hear music blasting. I'm trying to avoid the dance floor, full of energy, people, sweat, tears, definitely where I don't want to be.

"I can't believe you punched me," I groaned as Dean came back to give me an ice pack.

"I'm sorry, to make up for my outburst... here we are," Dean smirked.

"I was out of line, so we even but get me out of here," I begged but acting as if he couldn't hear me, he slips through the crowd onto the dance floor and has already picked a girl to grind on. Who's that girl? I should probably use this opportunity to blackmail my way out of this hell. I hopped off my seat and stumbled through the crowd, "I'm going to tell Monica about this if you don't let me go home!" I demanded.

The girl turns around, " tell me what?" Monica questioned. Great, of course, she's here too.

"Er Nothing."

Dean was grinning from ear to ear as the grinch himself, " go fetch us something to drink," he ordered.

"Come on, Jade, live life, you only live once," Monica advised.

"That's where you wrong... you live every day, you only die once," I quipped, knowing very well that I read that quote somewhere.

" Just try to have fun, J.D," Dean suggested.

I leave to fetch them drinks, but not me. I don't drink. I'm under age either way. That didn't stop the bartender from handing me ten vodka shots, Dean's regular order. I find it remarkable that he could remember such a small thing like Dean's order, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he only remembers because of Dean's regular attendance.

I brought it all the way to them only for them to send me right back, "leave it on the table' they ordered like I'm their personal butt- whatever the word is. Butler, yep they treat me like I'm their personal butler," I muttered bitterly to myself.

Feeling thirsty, bored, and seeing Dean and Monica party it up. I decided to head to the bartender. No, I'm not going to drink alcohol, although it looks rather tempting.

"three colas!" I tried yelling over the loud music and crowd.

"what!" He yelled back.

I mouthed cola to him, also gesturing to him with my hand of how big of a cup I want. He nods. Moments later, after shaking our drinks in a silver shaker, he hands me my order. I glance inside the jugs out of paranoia or suspicion. My gut just said check, and so I did. Don't judge me. Seems to be cola, at least he understood me.

When I came back, Dean and Monica thought I had alcohol. You should have seen the smiles on their faces. It was from ear to ass.

"Right, drink this in one go," Dean insisted. Being bored, I accept. "On three, okay...one, two, three."

And so we all drank it in one go. I let the entire drink down without even letting it touch my tongue as if it was a race. My throat burned as if lava was flowing down into my stomach. The heat, spreading from there. It's getting damn hot in here.

The cola left a horrible taste in my mouth. Dean and Monica burst out laughing, "your face, J.D is priceless. You'll get used to the taste," Dean advised.

"Guys relax, I ordered cola nothing else," I admit, feeling a little light-headed, which made them laugh even louder.

"This club doesn't sell cola," Monica stated as if that was obvious.

Oh no, they don't, "then what did I drink?" I gasped.

"I don't know, but it was definitely not cola. It did taste nice though," Monica teased.

And that was the last thing I remembered.