Chapter 19, Love Is A Disease

Jade~

Jade~

About three years have passed, and Dean's still in a coma. I can't believe he slept for three damn years. I'm kidding. Three weeks without Dean, it sure feels like years, I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to miss him. Monica never left his side. She literally lived in that hospital beside him. If there is such a thing as love, I'm sure he is pretty close to finding it in Monica, that lucky idiot.

Speaking of Dean, his mom told me that he woke up yesterday. I should see him, but I don't think I can, not after being such a horrible friend.

"There's someone here for you," mom yelled from downstairs.

Annoyed and not in the mood to see anyone, I yelled back, "send them away!"

"Too late, I'm already here," a familiar voice quipped. No one but Robyn would barge into my room like this.

"it's never too late to throw you out the window," I drawled.

" I'd like to see you try," Robyn cheered.

Okay.

Robyn ran down the stairs jumping over the couches in the living room as I chased her, laughing when she tumbled and fell on her backside. I found that the opportunity to grab her. Unlike Dean, she was light to carry on my back. It was a challenge to carry her upstairs with her lame attempts of bashing my back with her bare hands.

"Would you damn kids behave. I'm trying to take nap," Mom yelled from her room.

" yeah, Jade behave," Robyn teased.

"you started it. I'm finishing it."

"Are you seriously going to throw me out of the window? " she exclaimed.

" Maybe."

"I'll scream," Robyn tentatively said as I threw her and she yelp as she hit the bed.

I laughed, dropping my body next to hers, " why you here?"

Robyn huffed and puffed her hair from her face and got up to say, " to drag you to the hospital."

"I can take myself to the hospital. Thank you."

"Yeah, but you'd never go by yourself even if you wanted to," she retorted. I don't know how to even respond to that. "let's go," she chirped. I nod as she leads me to the car.

I sink into the car seat, not sure if I want to go. Robyn notices that. "I'm going to drive us there if you keep getting lost in your thoughts," Robyn teased, and without thinking, I switched seats. Robyn grips the steering tightly till her knuckles turn white. She seemed nervous as she pressed brakes, shifting to drive with a confused look.

" Let go of the brakes," I advised. Robyn lets go leading the car to bounce up down. she keeps pressing brakes instead of gas. "It's the other one," I yelled.