Chapter 1, First day at prison

Hi guys this is my first book I hope you enjoy it.

*****

The night sky was juniper-purple, the stars glowed like beacons for the world's lost souls, through trees, a feathered medley echoes. The blanket we were sitting on was silky soft. It was a lovely night. Stars were watching down at us while we gazed from below. "This seems nostalgic, " Robyn blushed, her brown eyes ignited in the dark like sapphires, "doesn't it?"

"It does," I admit, not taking my eyes off the spectacular view beside me.

"This was how it began," Robyn cheerfully said, catching me staring at her.

"No."

"No? Okay, dumbass, then tell me," Robyn demanded.

"Okay, Princess, it all started with..."

The blaring of my alarm clock jarring me from the best dream I have ever had in days. I blindly smash the snooze button, my mind filled with thoughts of going back. Not back to sleep, but back to that dream. Crazy, right? But I really want to know what happens next.

"Jade, you are getting late for school!" I heard someone yell, but it sounded like they were speaking through water. I realised it's Mom shouting from downstairs. I jolt up, jumping off my bed, checking the time, 7:49 a.m. Damn, I must have hit the alarm off instead of snooze. I hate it when that happens. Great, I'm late for school, and no, instead of getting part two of that dream. I had a bunch of serial killers trying to slaughter me. I was running for my life when my clumsy ass decides that it'll be a great time to trip over air, literally air. The killer looked into my eyes, about to stab me when Mom woke me up. Thank you, Mom.

I try to change as fast as lightning. I think if I try any faster I might just beat superman. I slide a plain black t-shirt over my head, while simultaneously hopping into my black jeans. It looked like I was doing a rain dance. Once done changing, I sat down on my bed, creasing the black bedsheets, which took me a few minutes to fix. I scan the room as I search for excuses. As weird as it may seem, I painted my room volcanic black the day we moved in. Don't judge me as these black walls are my canvas. When bored, I occupy myself with painting it bit by bit. I've only managed to complete one wall. The bottom is animals starting from small creatures to big ones going up. I decided to get creative and painted monsters towards the top. The last on the top was Godzilla, its body hidden by the rest of the creatures below him. I love how everything blends into one another.

I'm contemplating whether going to school is more important than my sleep. According to studies, sleep is more important. I'm still on holiday vibes, and I'm late. Don't blame me for being lazy. "Mom!" I yell.

"What's wrong" she replied, sounding pretty annoyed as she entered my room.

"Do I really...."

"Yes, you have to go to school, and no, you can't go back to sleep," Mom interjected, handing me my lunch.

"Argh, mom," I pouted, trying my best to sound as sick and tired as possible, "but I'm feeling..."

"Jade," Mom yelled, cutting me off again "And besides I know exactly when you are lying." I'm not sure if she can read minds or something. It's so hard getting my way with her. She began giving me a lecture about how important school is, I managed to tune out her blabbering as my mind tried to remember the dream. I know I remember it. Superpowers. That's all I remember. Great. My mind snapped to the present just in time to hear Mom start talking about girls. Wow, just wow. I stop her, point at my watch. "See you later... I'm late as it is! " I yelled as I run out of the house. The last thing I want is to talk about is girls and love.