Chapter 19 Love Is A Disease Part 2

Dean was happy to be discharged from the hospital. Jade told him something he always wanted to hear, Monica's in love with him. He couldn't stop himself from meeting up with her to ask if it's true. Jade and Robyn don't know that Monica and Dean were just a fling, that they're not dating. But when Jade mentioned that Dean should take Monica more seriously, and that was what he was going to do.

He wanted her. It all started the day when Robyn and Jade tried setting him and Monica up.

There was a party for Dean's birthday. He kissed Monica, and Jade kissed Robyn. When they ran off, Dean's sister decided to walk off as well, she seemed pissed for somewhat reason.

"So did they tell you about what they planned for us? " Dean nervously questioned, breaking the awkward silence between the two dazed couple.

" Yes. Yes, Robyn told me," Monica sighed, "listen, you seem like a nice guy, but I'm in love with Brad. "

"so?" he dryly blurted.

"what you mean so?" she scoffed.

"look, I like you okay, your ex doesn't love you back, right, but you continue loving him still. It's the same with me. I'm not going to give up on you," he explained.

"no, you don't understand!"

"Monica, it's you who don't understand, listen. Let's not date since you're not ready for a relationship," Dean suggested.

"you don't want to be in a relationship?" Monica stared, confused.

"I do, " Dean admitted.

" you're confusing me," Monica said as she face-palmed herself, getting up, and was about to leave his house. The atmosphere tensed, but someone boomed some upbeat music.

"as much as I want to date you, you're not ready, so use me as a rebound."

"that's wrong," Monica pointed out.

"It's what you need to be happy, and your boyfriend would see you as if you moved on, maybe get jealous, then try to get you back. It's a win-win," Dean argued.

" if it's a win-win, what are you getting out of this?"

"your happiness, " Dean felt himself smile brightly.

"Okie Dokie," she chirped.

"okay?" he asked as he expected a no and was ready to handle that blow later on.

"Just come here," she ordered, pulling him into a gentle kiss.

Monica snapped her fingers, bringing Dean back to the present, "what you dreaming about?" she asked.

"I was thinking about how this started."

"oh, the crush you had on me from kindergarten," she mused.

"no, I was thinking about the birthday party," Dean admits but flabbergasted at what she just brought up, "how? How did you know about that? "

"oh, I've always known," she smirked. And just like that, the things that Dean wanted to talk about got pushed to the side. When he decided to bring it up, Brad came and took the spotlight, taking her attention and rightly so as Brad was Monica's first love.

"Hey my boy, Dean, long time no see."

"Hey Brad" Dean responded.

"What happened it is like you forgot that we were once friends," Brad asked before shooting a question to Monica's way. "so baby girl are you done playing around with Dean?"

"what is that suppose to mean?" Monica scoffed.

"doesn't matter did you sleep with him yet."

To which she immediately answered "no." It was the truth and if it wasn't evident her innocence was showed through the blood that rushed to her face.

"I can show her how it's done," Brad quipped.

It already bothered Dean that Brad didn't bother with Dean's input, now the fact he can't do nothing about the situation. This was what they agreed on. Monica's deal he didn't want to hear Monica answer as he knew she'd run into his arms so Dean walked out of the room. Give them the privacy they needed.

The situation was so typical Dean would always be respectful gentle and a nice guy, while guys like Brad get the girl. Pissed, he entered a local shop to buy something, not sure what, but was there anything in there that could erase his memories of her? After paying for 1818 and cranberry juice, he decided to go back home.

Walking out of the shop, he found Monica waiting for him, her eyes fighting back tears. He instinctively rushed to hugged her tightly. It was difficult with the goods in his hands, "thought he was there to take you back," Dean muttered.

"he did," Monica admitted taking the box juice from his hand so that she could hold his hand.

"So, what happened?"

"I told him that I already have a man! "

Jade was right. She's a keeper, "I love you," Dean confessed.

"I know," Monica smirked, gently stealing a kiss. Getting a little to indecent for a public kiss so they decided to rush home.

Enchanted by the kiss Monica whispered to Dean, "today might just be your lucky day."

Dean dropped the bottle of vodka, he quickly soften the fall with his foot, saving it, he smirked and turned around to pick it up before noticing the car. Dean knew that he should jump out of the way dragging Monica with him yet seeing the car speeding straight towards them had him glued to the street.

Monica was quicker in her reaction as she noticed Dean frozen, she shoved him onto the sidewalk losing her balance. In a split second falling to the ground, she smiled at him but her smile slowly deflated when the car finally smashed into her.

The air from her lungs was knocked out on impact, she flew through the air several moments before slamming onto the ground. And Just as fast as the car came, it was gone. Monica couldn't breathe, that was the first thing she registered when her vision shifted into focus again. Her chest was constricting, ribs cracked, and she couldn't get air past her lips.

Dean got up from the ground and rushed towards her. Tears rolled down his eyes. "you going to be fine."

Monica was disoriented, she didn't know where she was or what was going on, but her whole body ached, it was hard to even breathe. She couldn't feel her hands or feet. Her eyes opened, that was the only thing she could move at the moment. When she realized whst has occurred tears fell from her eyes. She never thought of dying, at least not this way.

She heard someone silently sobbing next to her. Monica moved her eyes and caught a glimpse of Dean.

She struggled to make a sound, her tongue felt like it was glued to the bottom, "De...Dean, " she weakly called after struggling for what felt like an eternity.

Monica fought her eyes, for it to open but it felt like the weight of the world was closing it. "you're going to be fine," Dean repeated.

Monica smiled gently, whispering something, but it was hard to make out. "I-love..." she choked, letting a tear rolled down her cheek.

Dean felt the warmth drain from her body.

The ambulance arrived but it was far too late she was already dead.