Chapter 26, The Aftermath

Jade~

The machine annoys me with its constant beeping. My eyes stay shut, protecting itself from the bright lights. When my eyes adjusted to the lighting in the room, in the hospital room, I noticed Mom sitting on the chair asleep beside me. She seems exhausted. What happened to me? I remember watching a good movie. Alex crossed our path. That's right, Alex tried killing us. My hand clenches the bed sheet remembering the events. Pain shot up from my other hand when I tried getting out of bed. I glance to my left hand, bandage and hanging from a support thing that was tied around my neck.

"Don't push yourself," mom cautioned as she sprung up and leaped towards me like a wild animal, hurting my arm with her hugs and kisses.

"Mom!" I yelled and winched.

Mom apologised, "don't you dare scare me like that, " she scoffed.

"where's Dean?" I exclaimed, my heart rate increased. Mom remains silent, "Mom is he..." I paused at the thought of him gone.

"No, he's alive. I've heard that he's still in surgery."

" He'll be okay, isn't," I asked as I bit my tongue to stop myself from feeling emotional and tasted blood.

Mom walked out of the room, " I'll check on him. Stay put."

"I don't think I can go anywhere even if I wanted to. "I dryly laughed. Mom disappeared after that, and a nurse brought me soup, placing it on a table next to me. She helps me up. I didn't need help, I could have pushed myself up with one hand, but I don't want to open up wounds. The nurse places the bowl on my lap and left. Okay, she's stupid. I may burn myself now eating without holding the bowl. I frown at my predicament.

"Looks like you need a hand," Robyn quipped as she casually strolled through the door. Two officers stand on guard.

"Yes," I chirp, earning a laugh from Robyn as she sat on the side of the bed while carefully taking the bowl in her hand. She begins feeding me. First, she takes the spoon and shoves the hot soup in my mouth. The soup burnt my tongue so bad that I could hardly taste anything for a few minutes, "blow it first, do you want to kill me," I choked after recovering from swallowing the hot liquid.

"Sorry, this is my first time doing this, " Robyn admits.

"first time killing someone? Well, you're doing a great job," I smirked.

Robyn's smile deflated, "so he tried to kill you? "

"Oh, please, I'm pretty sure it was me that almost killed him," I teased.

"Yeah, I saw the fight. I couldn't even recognise you because you were a wild animal."

"He shot Dean, I lost my temper, I'm sorry that you had to see that side, " I rambled, "wait, why were you there?"

Robyn blew the hot liquid before feeding it to me, "Uhm, so after you left, some guys kidnapped me... " Robyn explained.

"you've got kidnapped. How did you get out? Are you okay? " I interjected, clearly concerned.

"I used my brains, anyway I am okay, but I'm going to be leaving because I'm still in danger, as you can see the two officers or what I'd like to call bodyguards waiting by the door."

"You leaving?" I asked for clarity. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She places the empty bowl on the table next to me, "yes, I'm leaving Beverly Hills, " she steely said.

"You can't..."

"Please, don't make this harder than it is. I came to say goodbye, " Robyn interjected.