Chapter 4, Walking dead

The car knocks her. I'm beginning to wish that happened. As I rushed to pull her to safety, she hopped backward, avoiding the car by an inch, knocking my nose in the process, causing me to fall. My hands instinctively tried to break my fall. Robyn trips over me and falls into me. The car vanished into the night like it didn't just cause an accident.

"Thanks, Jade," she said as she stood. One glance at me before she reached in her pocket. I don't even know why, but for some reason, my nightmare flashes through my mind. I searched myself to see if I'm stabbed or something. I feel something drips past my mouth. She takes out a tissue and gently attends to my face. I was bleeding!

I grab hold of the tissue pressing it against my nose a bit too roughly. "Ouch, that hurts."

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yes, I am, are you?"

"Yep, thanks to you. You always there for me when I fall. You're like my hero," Robyn joked. Some hero I was.

"you're laughing at me. I should have just let your mean ass get knocked," I muttered under my breath.

"You just said that you're fine."

Robyn offers me her hand, but I push it away. "Do I look fine to you?" I rolled my eyes as my hand used the ground for support, but my hand became like jelly, knocking me back down.

Robyn laughs while helping me up. "you're so dramatic. You clearly need me in your life. So if I were you I'd never let me die," she quipped, she's so full of herself.

****
We stop at a huge double story with a white wooden fence, old fashion doorbell. "Well, we are here. Thanks for giving me a walk back, and thanks for saving me. Sorry for getting you hurt," Robyn said, hugging me.

I hug her back a little tighter before letting her go. "It's cool. One day you're going to be the reason I die, then I'm going to haunt you," I joked, acting how scary I'd be as a ghost.

Snickering at me, she frowns in thought, "oh, but I'll act like I don't see you," she teased, sticking out her tongue.

"Bye again," I said, my eyes automatically rolling at her. She walks into her house, silently greeting me. I notice that Robyn just stayed a few blocks away from me, who knew?

As I continue walking, I begin to enjoy the cool breeze while stargazing. I love the stars. I just love the sky entirely. Whether it be night or day, it always seems beautiful to me.

I walked past my house, distracted by the beauty of the night. In a swift turn, I found myself inside. It was almost dead silent if you don't count the woodcutter down the hall. Mom must have gone to bed early. She always works too hard just to make sure we have everything. Anyway, I have to be quiet and go upstairs, because even though I love my mom, she's not one you'd want to disturb, especially when asleep. I shivered at the thought.

I head upstairs, tiptoed each step hoping I don't trip, I'm usually that clumsy. I pass the last step mission complete, or so I thought before I slipped over a shoe or something, most likely a shoe, sending me tumbling through my room. "Ouch!" I whisper to myself. Considering that I'm still alive, I can safely say that the beast is still asleep.

I reached into the mirror cabinet that hanged in my bathroom, grabbing the med-kit to cleanse my wounds. My reflection smiled back at me. I can't believe how Robyn left me looking like a vampire that fed on its last victim. I'm kidding, I have a wild imagination, which is obvious. Anyway, I clean up and inspect my nose. It stopped bleeding, from what I see it's bruised and a bit sore. I wash my hands, noticing a few stones dug into my skin, accompanied by a small scab. I cleanse and disinfect it. Soon enough, the bed met my back. My eyes closed, yet my mind somehow stayed awake. The situation replays in my mind.