Chapter 25, Damsel In Distress, I Think Not

Robyn~

I wonder why Jade rushed off like that. Never mind that why did he kiss my head. I have free time, and it's been a long since I've written anything in my diary. I have so much to tell it.

Dear diary

I know it's been a while, I'm sorry. So anyway, remember Jade, yes that Jade, I've become best friends with him. Remember how I said that although we never watched movies and all those best friend stuff. Yes, we watched movies today, and he even slept over. Something bothers me though I'm not sure how to feel about it. This morning Jade kiss...

The wooden floor squeaked outside my room. Wasn't I the only one home? I quickly tucked and rolled to the left, leaving the intruder grabbing my chair. I sprung up from behind him and kicked him in the groin. He tumbles over to the floor. Not missing a beat, I quickly picked up my lamp and broke it on his head. He seems knocked out. "Bet you didn't see that coming," I bragged as I dialed my dad's number checking the scout.

I should be thankful to my dad, he's the only reason why I know mix martial arts and self-defense tactics. I guess he was right to force me into that. I need to find a way to use it on Jade without hurting him, but when he tickles me, I go weak, and my mind goes blank.

Dad answered the call when a hand covered my mouth and nose with a cloth. Don't breathe in whatever you do, I desperately encourage myself as I stepped on the attacker's foot, elbowing him in his ribs, breaking free. I spun around, or the world spun around. I'm not sure, but It brought me to my knees. The attacker forced the cloth back to my face.

*******

My head hurts, The walls spin slowly. Where am I? The place was dusty and old. It had a dim light bulb hanging from a ceiling with one dusty old bed tucked between the two nightstands. There's a dirty kitchen with a single door fridge, no living room, so I must be at a motel. I appear to be alone and tied to a chair with ropes. I did do this with my dad a couple of times. Dad called it father and daughter time. I don't know who does that to their daughters, but I'm glad he did. When my dad kidnapped, me it was hard to get out, it took me four hours, and I had to escape from three guys. My dad never took it easy on me. I'll be out as soon as I slip my hand out. Wait a second, is this a trap? Did my dad kidnap me again? That doesn't matter. I just need to escape quickly. I think their motive is to either threaten my father or use me as leverage both don't mean well for me.

My hand slips through the gap and begins working on the knots. See what I mean, thank god I'm dealing with rookies. It would have taken me four hours if they correctly tied it, not five mins or am I that good? The toilet flushes. Oh crap, "what do I do? What do I do?" I whispered to myself.

Okay, first calm the fuck down, Robyn. I open the door silently before sliding underneath the bed. The kidnapper strolls out of the bathroom and yawns. Still not noticing anything. The fridge swings open as he searched for food. The door opens, and his partner grunts, "you let her escape!"

"No, how could this be?" the guy shrieked. His partner rubbed his temple.

"Find her she can't be far," He ordered. They both rushed out of the room. Okay, the coast is clear. What did dad say I should do after this part? Shit, I forgot. I rolled myself out from under the bed and peeped through the window, okay looks good to go. I probably shouldn't use the door to escape but oh well, here goes nothing.

I dashed out of the room, being stealthy. I need to get a cab or someway get hold of the cops. I quickly manoeuvred my way around the motel and ran when I was in the open. There were no taxis in sight, so I ran to the mall. It seems like it was close.

It was not.

I found myself at the mall breathless. I seriously need to get fit. What's the use of knowing self-defense if I can't actually get away from danger. Anyway, Jade should be here with Dean. I need help, the kidnappers may still be on my tail. I searched high and low for Jade. A gunshot echoed the mall. "Shit, they found me," I muttered as I cursed my luck.

I ducked and crouched. I don't think hiding in plain sight would do me any good, so I got up and ran. Another gunshot echoed, the bullet shatters the vase in the shop across me. I quickly dived for cover as I do well to search for the person shooting.

The gun went off again. I found where it came from. I glance in that direction seeing Alex dropping to the ground. Alex is in danger. I got up and rushed to the shattered vase. "This would work," I mused as I picked one of the shattered pieces, the sharpest looking one, and dashed to save the man I love. I was far away, and my running seemed sluggish.

Just as I was about to save Alex, one of the officers stopped me in my tracks. Alex was unconscious, but that didn't stop the attacker from attacking him. A group of officers rushed towards them. "Please stop him," I begged the officer. One officer grabbed the attacker, but the guy would not stop. He breaks free and continues rampaging. Now all officers available try to pin him down. He tries to resist but soon loses consciousness. The ambulance arrives on the scene, "thank god," I muttered, "let me go. That's my boyfriend."

The cop sighs, " kids of today," he muttered to himself as he let me go.

I rushed to Alex but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the medics put Dean on a stretcher, "Dean," I screeched, moving towards him. I was pushed aside by more medics carrying the other guy. "Please don't be Jade, " I prayed as the stretcher passes me. My heart broke. Tears roll down my cheeks.

My worst nightmare has become reality.