Chapter 13: Tied Down

The next day, Hinata woke up earlier, maybe because he slept more earlier than the others.

He remembered what happened yesterday and tears starts to formed up in his eyes again. But this time, he slaps himself.

"Hinata Shoyo! This is your anticipated joint practice with other schools, focus on this first! Everything is gonna be fine." That, is what he said to himself.

During breakfast in the cafeteria, Hinata didn't eat as much as usual. Sugawara who just came to the cafeteria was worried for Hinata since yesterday when Kageyama carried Hinata back to their room.

"Good morning, Hinata... Are you okay? You aren't eating as much as usual... Do you not feel well?" he walked up to Hinata and asked concernly.

"A-ah? Good morning Suga-san! It's nothing! I just had something on my mind and don't feel like eating much...that's all! Haha... But I promise I would be in a good state for our practice matches! " Despite Hinata not feeling exactly well, Hinata gave Sugawara a smile to assure him that he's fine.

After Hinata ate, he went around the school for a jog. Kenma woke up later and didn't see Hinata. He walked to Sugawara.

"Umm... Sugawara-san... Have you seen Shoyo?" he asked, while looking around looking for Hinata.

"Oh... Hinata went out for a jog since he woke up earlier than the others and had already finished his breakfast." Sugawara was hesitating whether he should tell Kenma about Hinata since he knew they are both in a relationship now.

"Umm...Kenma...Could you maybe check up on Hinata? Yesterday...Hinata was suppose to meet you right? But Kageyama was the one who carried Hinata back and he doesn't look as lively as usual." Hinata would tell Sugawara almost everything so Sugawara felt something was off when Kageyama carried Hinata back yesterday.

"Yesterday? But...Kageyama told me Hinata had already slept since he was tired..." Kenma was already starting to process what actually had happened.

"No? Hinata went out right after taking his bath, saying he was going to meet you."

After hearing Sugawara said this, he knew that something was wrong and someone had did something to Hinata and that someone includes Kageyama and most probably his most trusted friend, Kuroo.

"Kenma! Hurry up and eat your breakfast, practice is about to start!" Just when he was lost in his thoughts, Kenma heard Kuroo calling him and he walked up to him immediately to not make anything seemed weird.

"What is it that you find Karasuno's setter for?"

"None of your business." even if he acted normal, Kenma couldn't help but feel angry at Kuroo.

Kuroo felt that Kenma was being colder than usual but just swept the thought away, thinking that he might wake up in a bad mood, not knowing that their plan had already been half-found.

When practice started, Kenma wanted to find Hinata but couldn't find him anywhere. Of course, Hinata was there, he just avoided Kenma.

Kenma tried finding Hinata everywhere but Hinata kept avoiding him until their first part of their joint practice ended and had to come back next week for the 2nd half of the joint practice since they aren't living in Tokyo.

Kenma who couldn't find a chance to talk to Hinata decided to text him about it but Hinata just left his message on read and Kenma kept worrying about his precious Sunshine everyday, until...

Text
Hinata
Kenma... Could we like have some space between each other?

Kenma
H-huh? Why Shoyo?

Hinata
I just need sometime alone to think about something...

Kenma knows that Kuroo might had say something to him but he doesn't know what it is so he decided to let Hinata rest for a while to think first and hope that he doesn't overthinks.

Kenma had also decided to confront both Kageyama and Kuroo whether or not Hinata had overcome what he is facing right now the next time the Karasuno team comes over.

Kenma
Okay Shoyo... But just so you know, I will always be on your side no matter what.... Even when you're alone or feeling down, know that even if no one likes you in the world, I will...because you're the one I love Shoyo.
I love you.

Hinata
Mhm... Sorry...and thank you...

Hinata cried after that, he couldn't stop looking at what Kenma had said. He feels like his heart had been torn apart for numerous reasons.

"Why? Why does it hurts so bad..."
Is it because I don't trust myself enough to love Kenma? Is it because I hate myself for letting Kenma to wait for me?

Despite all the reasons he could think of why his heart hurts and that he actually loved Kenma, Hinata can't help but always think of what Kuroo had said and that was the one thing that keep stopping Hinata from getting over the wall of loving Kenma.

Before going back to the 2nd joint practice camp, Hinata was feeling quite down the whole week but he also made effort as to not slow down the team as Spring Tournaments is also coming up.

During this time when Kenma is away from Hinata, Kageyama took the chance to get closer to Hinata and comfort him when he's feeling down. And of course, Hinata felt that Kageyama was somehow treating him better and thought better of him, but little did he know Hinata would only think of him as a best friend, partner, rival and nothing more.