Chapter 11: Confession and Plot

Just when Hinata reached home, it was already 7 o'clock and Hinata's mom had just finish cooking dinner as usual.

"I'm back!"

"Welcome back Shoyo! Go take a bath first before having dinner okay?"

"Okay mom!" Hinata went to take a bath with both thoughts about the upcoming examination and the reply to Kenma later.

He took a slow bath but a quick dinner and hurrily rush to his room. He took a deep breath before texting Kenma.

Text
Hinata
Hey Kenma! Are you free? I wanna give you my answer for yesterday's.... Umm confession ///

Nekoma had just finish cleaning up after their practice and Kenma's phone was in his bag. Kuroo who was waiting for Kenma heard his phone's notification rang and decided to look at it, he was startled.

"Confession? Kenma had already confess to the Chibi-chan?" still holding Kenma's phone, Kuroo had mixed feelings but more towards hatred.

Kenma came out and saw Kuroo holding his phone, he was not happy about it. He went and snatch the phone back and look at it to see Hinata's message.

"Did you look at it?" he looked at Kuroo with a stern face.

"Well am I not allowed to see your phone? We're childhood friends and I always take care of you! Just why is that Chibi-chan more important than me to you!" Kuroo was pissed, he just said out what he had been hiding all this time straight to Kenma's face.

"Kuroo, you're not wrong about being my childhood and taking care for me. But I only see you as a childhood friend and that's all, I may not know Shoyo for that long but the fact that I love him is unchangeable." Kenma then walked away, leaving Kuroo alone in front of the school gate, still feeling very angry.

Kenma has known that Kuroo has been seeing him as more than a childhood friend for quite some time, yet his heart doesn't seem to feel the same way as he is so he decided to not blame him this time.

Kenma
Sorry Shoyo for the late reply, we just finished cleaning up.
So... Did you think properly about what I said yesterday?

Hinata
Oh it's okay Kenma! :) and yes I did thought about it properly!

This time, it was Kenma's turn to feel nervous about Hinata's answer.

Kenma
So how do you feel about me Shoyo?

Hinata
I haven't met you for that long yet but to answer your question, yes I do feel the same way as you do! ///

Kenma
Really?

Hinata
Yes! I love you Kenma!

After that, both Hinata and Kenma felt as the thing that has been lingering on their chest has fallen off and both of them smiled, Kenma even cried a bit because he was happy that his dear Hinata felt the same way as he does.

Kenma
Shoyo... I love you too! Thank you....

Hinata
Oh! Kenma! We are coming to Tokyo for a joint practice match next week! But.... Umm

Kenma
What is it Shoyo?

Hinata
We have to pass every subject in our Mid-year examination before the practice match or else we can't come...

Kenma
Oh... Well I hope you do your best in your exams so that I could spend time with you again ;)

Hinata
Kenma! When did you learn to do that! ///

Kenma
Well that's something that you don't need to know ;)

On the other side...

Text
Kageyama
Hey rooster head!
Hey!

Kuroo
What?

Kageyama
I need to tell you something about Hinata and Kenma...

Kuroo
They are dating now aren't they?
I already know it.

Kageyama
Would you like to listen what I have to say?
I want to break the two up. You like Kenma right?

Kuroo
....
Say what you wanna say first and I'll think about it.

Kageyama
Fine.
Since they are just dating and it's Hinata's first time, I'm sure that he's still worrying about something since he asked for advice from Suga-san.

Kuroo
So?

Kageyama
And since Kenma isn't really the type of person to backed off just because he's unsure of his feelings, my plan is to find a time where you would go and have a talk with Hinata while I distract Kenma.
Convince him that he just misunderstood his love for Kenma and that you're more suitable for Kenma than him since you're his childhood friend.

Kuroo
Looks like you do have some brains sometimes huh?

Kageyama
Hey! What did you mean by that! I'm not stupid!

Kuroo
Well I didn't say that you're stupid haha.

Kageyama
Just say whether you want to follow my plan or not!

Kuroo
Well I'm not sure whether it would work... But it wouldn't hurt just to try right? I'm on.

Kageyama
Okay, just do it during the summer joint practice.

Kuroo
Okay~

Kuroo never really had a chance to talk to Kageyama but now talking to him makes him laugh since he's an easy target for teasing. This made Kuroo less angry from the argument he had with Kenma.