Rachel

Olly sat down on the worn out bench placed next to the table, in her favorite corner of the Library. She set down the small pile of books she had been cradling in her arms and huffed as she swung her leg to the other side of her seat. Plopping down, she swiped the top book off the pile and opened it in front of her in a single movement, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose carefully. She could hear the soft padding of footsteps on the carpeted floor behind her and she subconsciously brushed a strand of hair behind her ear as she turned to face her whoever it was.

"Hey," Rachel grinned at her as she bounced over, slipping onto the bench across from Olly. Her blue eyes were shining with mischief as she grabbed the book from Olly, flipping to a different page and reading the first line she saw. "Ervid the Evil?" her left eyebrow crept up to her mid-forehead as she her head rose so she could look at her friend. "What are you doing studying on a Saturday?" she whined, closing the book. Olly tugged nervously on a piece of her black hair.

"Um... studying?" she cracked an unsure smile and slid the book back over to her side of the table and reopened to the page she had left off on.

"For what?" Rachel asked casually, leaning forward and resting her elbows on the table. "Exams aren't until June, which is... oh, ten months away?"

"Well..." Olly started, but hesitated a few moments. "Promise you won't laugh?"

"Pinkie swear." Rachel smirked, holding out her pinky in front of her. Olly smiled shyly and locked pinkies with her before pulling back and taking a deep breath.

"Call me paranoid but I was thinking I could get prepared for N.E.W.T.S," Olly mumbled, before tucking her head down and scanning the page in her book. Rachel almost let out a little giggle before turning her head to the side to hide her expression.

"But those aren't for a year and a half yet!" Rachel noted in a loud whisper. "Come on and spend some time in the common room with me or something!" Olly looked up from her book with an amused expression.

"We don't even have the same common room," she reminded her friend. Rachel just responded with an eye roll, leaning even closer over the table.

"Come on," she begged. "Just for twenty minutes?" she placed one of her hands over the text of the book. "Fabian and Gideon are gonna be there!"

Olly snorted. "I'm not interested in your love life as much as I am in my own, which isn't that much to begin with."

"And how much is your future husband in the common room?" Rachel asked mischievously, knowing that she would win her friend over in less than a minute now that she had mentioned James. Olly's cheeks tinged light pink and she glanced around to make sure no one had heard.

"A lot..." she admitted, scratching the side of her nose. Rachel grinned widely and picked up two of the book.

"C'mon, you can nerd out in the common room." she suggested, and Olly stood up and grabbed the remaining books, tucking them under her arm. Rachel glanced down at what her friend was wearing and chuckled. "How come you don't get in trouble for wearing pants? I swear if I stripped my skirt and dressed like a dude Flitwick would be all over me!" Her hair swayed in the air behind her as she walked out of the dusty library, tapping the bind of a thick book she was gripping onto.

"I think all the professors have just realized that I choose what I wear and that's the end of it," Olly shrugged, reaching a hand down to adjust the waist of her pants.

"Okay, I guess I understand that," Rachel decided. "But, I have to ask again; why the socks?" Olly looked down at the colorful, mismatching socks that were pulled knee-high over her pants. She smiled and habitually bent over to pull the hem of her sock upwards.