Bridget

Olly knew exactly where she was. The halls she was passing through were so familiar it was almost as if she were examining the lines on the palm of her hand. But right now, she was confused as to why she was going to the library. Most of the time it was to read a book, or occasionally to calm herself down, while reading a book at the same time. But as of today, she wasn't even going there by choice. Bridget Finnigan had bounced into her room, ripped the covers off of her, and told her to be ready in five minutes. Granted, she took much longer than that- Olly had laid in bed for another forty minutes before Bridget had returned and dragged Olly out of bed, literally. She had grabbed Olly by the foot and yanked her off of her bunk, sending her into a heap of sleep deprivation on the floor.

But then she got ready in four minutes.

She was following Bridget dutifully, and in the past eight minutes had received no answer as to why her friend would bring her down to the library. "Are you sure you can't tell me?" she asked, not wanting to give up.

"I'm sure," Bridget smiled at Olly, keeping pace next to her.

"But why?" Olly persisted in a whiny tone. She absolutely hated being kept in the dark for so long. "I mean, I know Rachel has something to do with this, it's all so her. But I just don't get what it's for!"

Bridget smirked lightly and gave Olly and almost pitiful glance. "You'll understand once you get there," she promised. The pair kept walking in silence after that, until a few minutes later the grand wooden doors that lead to the library appeared in front of them.

"Okay," Olly sighed, turning to face Bridget again. "Now can I know what I'm doing here?"

Bridget smiled in a good natured way and shook her head. "Just go inside," she chuckled softly, jerking her head towards the door. Knowing she wouldn't get an answer, Olly just groaned and turned towards the door, pushing them open and walking inside. She stalked through the shelves, weaving her way between the books. There was nobody in here besides her.

She lifted her arm up so her hand was at even height with her neck and ran her fingers across the spines of the old books she was walking past, reading the titles written on the binding with expert speed. She saw that she must be in the potions section, as there were many different potions ingredients listed in the names of the books. The Many Uses of a Bezoar, Tranformation Potions, Potions Most Evile, even the 6th years potions book, the one they used in class. She imagined that Severus would die from happiness if he saw all these potions books, but he was too involved in the Dark Arts to care. And it's not like Olly would show him this spot anyway. He was with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named now, and no matter how much she had disliked him before, she hated him even more now.

Olly heard the door open again just as she paused and selected a book, inching outwards and plucking it from the shelf. The only book she thought could become of use to her at that moment- Spells: From Love Potions to Disappearing Chants. She hugged the book close to her chest as began to walk out of the isle she was in, before reaching a hand up to push her glasses back up her nose as she made to sit down on the bench. But a voice stopped her.

"I, uh... I like that book," someone said. Olly tensed at the sound, turning to find the one person she didn't want to talk to. Sirius was standing behind her, hands in pockets, leaning to the side as he gave her a nervous, lopsided grin. His curly hair framed his face nicely, and it made Olly's heart thump a little louder in her chest, no matter how much she hated to admit it. Sirius gave a tiny cough and smiled awkwardly, awaiting a reaction. "Erm... s'a good read," he concluded.

"You read?" Olly croaked, not wanting to miss out on an opportunity to pick at the boy. Sirius was surprised by her response, but he recovered himself quickly.