Cielo

A/N: So there's this new band I really like and I was listening to their music, and all of a sudden there was this one song that is basically the perfect theme song for Gryffindor and I freaked out and was like I HAVE TO SHOW YOU GUYS THIS OMG and yeah. So, it's in the link if you want to listen to it. It's called 'Red and Gold' and it's a really good song actually, and the band (Young Rising Sons) Is REALLY REALLY AMAZING! They have great voices, they're hilarious, and their songs are catchy and feel-good. So check them out if you want, because they're pretty cool.

Cielo and her friends were in potions class, bored out of their minds. The professor was droning on and on about The Drought of Living Death. Being a sixth year and a music fanatic, Cielo had no interest in learning brews and mixtures. Instead, she was staring across the room at a certain Hufflepuff. Not even bothering to try and look like she was paying attention, she rested her chin in her hands as she gazed at the brown haired boy whom she seem to have a slight infatuation with. As she was staring, she felt a light tap on her shoulder. Turning to her right, she saw a pretty girl with long brown hair a crystal blue eyes.

"Are you paying attention?" she whispered, jerking her head towards Professor Slughorn at the front of the classroom. Cielo shook her head guiltily.

"No," she whispered back, a slight smile playing on her lips. The girl next to her smiled and nodded in understanding.

"I'm not either," she replied, playing with the edge of her parchment. She opened her mouth to utter something else to Cielo, but snapped her lips back together when the professor belched out the list of ingredients needed for the potion he was preparing the class to make. The girl sighed and turned back to Cielo, rolling her eyes heavily. "Well, I'm trying to not pay attention," she corrected herself, chuckling lightly. Cielo smirked and glanced up at the professor, checking to make sure he wasn't looking in her direction. She shifted in her seat and held her hand out to the girl next to her, her arm being half concealed by the edge of the table.

"I'm Cielo," she whispered cautiously. The other girl grinned and took her hand, giving it a little shake before snatching her hand away.

"My name's Rachel," she murmured, turning to look at Cielo out of the corner of her eye. "I think we met before, at breakfast or something."

Cielo's eyes widened in recognition and she nodded subtly. "Yeah, you're friends with Olly, right?" Rachel nodded as well, confirming it.

"Yup," she said. "She's pretty nic-"

Rachel was interrupted by the professor, who stood up in front of the class and cleared his throat to draw attention to him. "Class is dismissed for the day," he announced. The moment the words made their way past his lips, the entire room sprang to their feet and gathered their books, dashing out the door before you could say 'Hogwarts'. Rachel and Cielo walked out together, continuing to talk.

"Do you wanna eat dinner with us?" Rachel asked Cielo, grinning.

Cielo thought about it for a moment, before nodding. "Yeah," she nodded. "All my friends are in Hufflepuff, so I could use a few friends in my own house." Rachel chuckled and nodded.

"You're basically the opposite of Olly," Rachel observed. "You go according to the dress code, she doesn't. She doesn't know anyone outside of Gryffindor, you roll with the other houses."

"Ha," Cielo laughed, adjusting her books in her arms. "Yeah, I guess." The two girls made their way into the Great Hall, where Rachel immediately spotted Olly sitting with James across from her, Sirius and Remus on either side of her. Peter was sitting a few spots away, as James had his leg sprawled across the bench. Fabian and Gideon were sitting to his right. The two girls walked up to the table, setting their books under the bench. James looked up at them innocently.