Rachel

BEFORE YOU READ: ok, so as much as i love writing this book there is only so much i can make happen, and with school and everything i literally have the weekends to do everything i normally do in my free time, and for the next two and a half weeks I will be at school from 7:30 in the morning to 9:00 at night thanks to stage crew, since the musical is coming up. SOO I've made a decision. there will only be 20 chapters. I know, short, but that gives me two chapters to wrap everything up in a nice little bundle of fandom and feels. Basically I'm writing this Rachel chapter and then I'm going to make a special Olly chapter. I'm not sure if I'm going to write an epilogue or not. But yeah, I just needed to say/do this.

The Order of the Phoenix was more or less a hit. Sure, the decision had been made that they would keep the size they were at now; considering though Dumbledore loved his students, he did not have trust in all of them. Especially about such a controversial matter. But the students already partaking in The Order were feeling as if they were really making a difference, slowly but surely altering the course of the oncoming war, of the future. They weren't as helpful as they would have liked to think they were, as the majority of the group were 6th years, but that didn't stop them working as hard as they possibly could.

"Keep your umbrella up, Hagrid," was heard somewhere to Rachel's left, and out of habit she ducked as soon as the giant boy began to utter a spell. A bright light flared up from the same direction, and then a mild explosion. 

"Sorry," the half-giant mumbled. "Er... I'm still practicin'..."

"That's perfectly alright, Rubeus," Dumbledore said in a calm tone, the wrinkles by his eyes bunching up as he held back a fond grin. The boy in question grinned sheepishly, showing off the missing tooth right in the center of his mouth. The story was he'd been tackled by a blast ended skrewt --a flying one at that, but Rachel had no idea who could possibly strong enough to pick one up and throw it. 

"Rachel, you try," the headmaster suggested, already looking to the girl in question an expectant look on his face. Rachel nodded. She put her hands on the wall behind her and used them to push herself up off of the floor where she'd been sitting, walking over to the center of the room. Positioning herself in front of the crudely sculpted statue of what distantly reminded her of Snape, she aimed her wand at the thing and took a deep breath.

"Reducto," she breathed out calmly, and a wave emitted from the tip of her wand, hitting the statue and leaving it to crumble sadly into a pile of dust.

"Nice," Fabian winked, and Rachel pursed her lips to hold back a smile.

"You've been practicing," Olly observed, walking over to Rachel and slinging an arm around her shoulders. 

Rachel shrugged her best friends off in slight annoyance, knowing she'd come over on purpose. "Well there's no reason I shouldn't be. Think of the reason."

"I do, every day," Olly reminded her. "I think about how if this pans out, we could help people. Save lives. Make a difference." She pursed her lips as her eyes scanned the room, watching as Hagrid tried to aim his umbrella (which was now sending purple sparks everywhere) somewhere other than at a student. Remus was trying to help him, the poor boy. 

"God, I feel like we're in a drama on the telly," Rachel chuckled.

"Who knows, maybe one day we will be," Olly sighed, allowing herself to dream just the tiniest bit. "I mean, our lives are practically the plot of one already. 'Course we'll just need to find people to act as us. Nobody plays themselves these days."

Rachel nodded, before she turned and watched Bridget deflect a spell cast at her by Regulus. Opening her mouth to say something, she seemed to reconsider for a moment, before she rolled her eyes at herself and continued as if she hadn't hesitated. "I realized something the other day," she said, fussing with the hem of her robes.