Insecurities

" What??? I have been out for 2 whole days???", Kongpob exclaims, utterly surprised. His brother nods absent mindely while requesting Ashley to bring some food for Kongpob. Ash being Ash, gives a kind smile, ruffles younger one's hair on his way out leaving both brothers alone.

Kyle turns back and finds his baby brother sporting a shocked expression and remembers his earlier question. He moves to explain more when his attention goes to the awful robe Kongpob is still in. He picks up the cloth from the bed and approaches his brother, extending the clothes to him," Go, change into this"

Instantly, Kongpob cheeks burns and he crosses his arms against his chest, practically snatching the attire from his brother's hand and runs to the bathroom.

*********

Kyle frozes as soon as the question ringed in his ears. He knew that there would come a day like today when his baby brother would ask this but what he was not privy to how fast this moment would arrive. He lifts his head, meeting the curious gaze of Kongpob who has now changed, thankfully from that goddamn see through bathrobe. Dressed in a midnight blue half sleeves tee shirt which is a size larger than his usual and trackpants, Kongpob is sitting across him on the sofa. Both are waiting for Ash who still has not came back with kongpob's food.

After getting over his initial shock of seeing those vibrant and alien colour, he asked Moore for a spare of clothes and some time to talk to his brother. So, here they are. He has told Kongpob about Forth's sinister plan of sacrificing him to demon lord to which he simply asked why me?

Those precise two words were enough to shake Kyle as answer of this question lies in the birth of Kongpob. Kyle had to tell his baby brother the awful truth which he never wanted to see the lights of the day. But now he has no choice but answer if the probing sight boring into him is any indication. He looks up when younger once calls for him.

"Kyle! where did you go??? Thinking about Ash?? huh???", Kongpob teases when sees the lost look on his elder brother. Kyle makes a face and reaches to pull his ears,"are you trying to tease me??? your elder brother??? you punk!!!"

"heyyy!! let go! my hair would become messy!!!", Kongpob whines but it only urged the vampire to repeat the act.

"Tada!!!! food is ready!!!!!"

Ashley pushes the door open to see the duo playing like a child. Kongpob has his hair sticking in different directions, all dishelved. His eyes slids up to second person in the room who is not faring well either. Kyle usually has all his hair gelled, parted from side and away from forehead, but at the moment all his black strands are busy poking in his eyes.

Shaking his head, he made his way to Kongpob whose eyes brightens up in enlightment which only made the shocking combination of green and blue more prominent stopping Ashley in his track. He comes out of his stupor hearing the human male whine his name.

Placing the tray on the table, he walks over to the vampire who is adoringly gazing at his baby brother and takes the seat beside him.

*********

"So???"

Kongpob rolled his eyes ," Kyle!!! don't pretend to be ignorant. I am still waiting for my answer and if you want me to repeat, let's do the same. So, why Forth chose me except the fact that am a look alike of his already dead brother? I don't think that it is of that importance. Then again, why me???"

Ashley manages to not jump when Kyle holds his hand out of sudden making him look up only to find his always confident boyfriend terrified. of what??? no clue. So, he did the second thing he could do and squeezes back to comfort the other.