Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“Do you like it?”  My mom gushed, sitting next to me on the couch.

On my lap was a basket.  Not just a basket.  A basket, filled with all of my favorite delicacies.  

Cheeseburger Doritos, a jar of marshmallow creme, Nutella, applesauce, Oreos, like ten boxes of grape Pop tarts, a can of mac and cheese, a blue Monster energy drink, twenty or so Butterfingers, and my favorite food of all time.

Maraschino  cherries.

I sat there, awestruck, staring at the marvelous basket.  

“Is that a yes?”  My mom laughed.

It kinda upsets me though, because she is never here unless there’s a family meeting or celebration so she will look good to everyone else. She wants to appear like a loving caring mother.

Yeah right.

I smiled, “Yeah, mom, I love it.”

“What do you say?”  She prodded.

“Thanks.”

I picked up the next present.  It was wrapped horribly.  

Taylor.

I started to unwrap the present, but was interrupted.  

“That’s from ME!”  Taylor screeched, crawling to sit in front of me.

All the family members laughed.

“I thought so, because of how it’s wrapped.”  I laughed.

Taylor blushed.

I got all the millions of layers off of the… thing, and saw what it was.

My eyes teared up when I opened it.  It was a black shiny picture album, with the words, ‘Mirabell And Taylor’ printed across the front.

As I flipped through the pages, a tear slipped down my cheek.  

There was one with me and Taylor as babies, in giant puffy winter coats, sitting on a sled in the snow.  Another was at my first birthday, with me in my Snow White costume and him in his Prince Charming one.  Next was his second birthday, and everyone was dressed up like monsters.  I dressed like Barbie.

Hey, Barbie is a monster.

On the next page there was a picture of him acting on set for Sharkboy and Lavagirl.  He looked so adorable in the little shark suit!

I kept looking at all the pictures, and the last one made me laugh.  It was me and him, on the day we had our food fight.

“So… what do you think?”  Taylor whispered.

I couldn’t find the words.  I threw myself at him where he was on the floor.  I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him like my life depended on it.

“Thank you so much, Taylor!”  I whispered in his ear.

He hugged me back.  “Anytime.”  He whispered back.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

My room is so cluttered now.  I have bags and bags and bags of presents now.  

I sat on the edge of my bed and smiled.  So now I’m 18.  The big one-eight.  I’m a legal adult.  

Friday, January 21st, 2011.  My birthday.  Wow, I grew up so fast.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Can I come in?”  Taylor’s voice said from the other side of the door.

“Of course!”

“Hey, big girl.” Taylor laughed.

“I’m a big girl now!” I sang, laughing.

“Do you feel different?”

“Not really…”

He laughed.  “So you really liked my present?”

“Best one ever.”  I smiled.

He blushed.

“What, don’t believe me?”

“Prove it?”  He said, smiling.

I giggled and leaned over to his face.  I saw his jaw clench as I neared him.  I paused, my lips right in front of his.

I was about to say something, but he crashed his lips onto mine.  It took me a minute to respond, but when I did, I twisted my fingers in his hair as our mouths opened.  Our tongues collided.  

Taylor slowly leaned over me, and I laid back.  He used one hand to support himself, and one rested on my waist.  I began to breath heavier, as his hand slipped under my shirt and stayed on my bare stomach.  I slid my hands down the side of his body and he visibly shuddered.  His lips moved down to my neck.  He gently bit my neck.  I gasped.

His hand slowly started to slide up my shirt.

“… Taylor?”

“Yes?”  He sounded out of breath.

I reached down and moved his hand away.

“Oh… I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay Taylor.. Just not yet, okay?”

He sighed and blushed out of embarrassment.  “Okay.”

:+: Sorry Its Been A While... Ive Been Upset. :+: