Chapter 2

Chapter 2.

          “Taylor!?”  I screamed, holding my towel tighter against my body.

          “Yes?” He was sitting on my couch in my room casually, like there wasn’t a girl only in a towel in front of him. He’s so oblivious.

          I stood there for a few seconds, staring at him and his smug smile.  “Um, Taylor?

          “Ye-”

          I didn’t let him finish.  I practically jumped on him with a giant bear hug.  He hugged me back, tighter than I thought possible.  I had my arms wrapped around his neck, and my face was buried in his neck.  I felt his arms wrap around my upper back, squeezing me close to him.  But then his arms moved.  I could feel his hands run down my sides and settle at my waist.  Was that just me, or was that… a bit too friendly?  I tried my best to ignore it and pulled away a little, so I could see his face.

          He smiled at me and I smiled back.  I gently slapped his cheek.

          “Why’d you do that?” 

          “Don’t scare me like that!”

          He laughed. “Boo.”

          I gave him a sarcastic look.  “Ooh.  I’m so scared.”

          “You should be! I’m a big bad werewolf!”  He laughed at his own joke.

          I laughed too.  “I don’t understand why everyone is all freaked out about Twilight.”

          He sighed. “I can’t believe you don’t like Twilight!”

          Yes, people, I do not like Twilight.  I think it’s pretty lame, actually.  I don’t think that Bella girl deserves any of them.

          “Um, Mirabell?”

          “Yeah?”

          “Are you gonna put clothes on?”

          Oh my god! I’ve been standing here for God knows how long, in a damn towel, hugging my best friend!  I looked down and noticed the towel slowly slipping down, not yet revealing my fruitcake that has boobs. I gasped and pulled my towel up and ran into my closet, blushing.

          I could hear him laughing on the other side of my closet door.  I sighed and leaned against the wall.  Was I just overreacting, or did he hold me like that because he likes me? No, not like.  Like like.  I decided to think about that later, and just get dressed.

          I pulled up my grey skinny jeans, zipped and buttoned them up.  I pulled on a tight black tank top, and a white open cardigan thing I didn’t button.  And, like always, I wore mismatch socks.  A smiley face one, and one with hearts.  

          “Damn, Bella!”  Taylor said as I walked out of my closet. 

          “What did you just call me?”

          “Bella?”

          I glared at him.  He knows I absolutely despise Bella in Twilight. 

          I pounced on him.  I jumped onto his chest full-force, and I actually knocked him down! I pinned his arms down and giggled as I sat on his chest.  I feel so tiny.  

          “I thought you were strong, Mister Werewolf?”  I teased.

          “I am.”  With that he had me pinned down in a second.  I struggled to break free, but it was useless. “Told you.”

          “Damn it.”  I muttered.  I looked around and tried to find something to distract him with.  There was a cup of water on a table by my foot!  I reached up with my foot and knocked the water over so hard, it splattered all over him, and the cup hit his head.  It didn’t shatter, it just rolled off with a thud.  He gasped and immediately stood up. I took that as my time for escape.  

          I jumped up and laughed. “Ha!”  Then I saw him.  I saw him differently, different than I always have.  His shirt was wet and plastered to his tan skin.  He took it off and tossed it into my hamper.  

          He laughed. “Thanks so much, Bell- Mirabell.  Now my shirt is all wet.”  

          “Anytime, Captain Obvious.”

          He smirked.  “Oh really? Lieutenant Sarcasm.” 

         I snorted and walked past him downstairs.