Chapter 19

A/N: I was crying writing this. But STICK WITH ME!!! THEY WILL GET BACK TOGETHER! DONT STOP READING PLEASE!!!!!

Chapter 19

“Doctor, when will he be awake?” I asked, my voice raspy from crying so hard. I stood up from my chair in the waiting room, alone.

“Well we don’t know what happened, but when you were in the room -- before his heart stopped -- something made his heart beat faster.”

What had happened before they came in? I though for a second. I remember; I told him I loved him.

“You should know, that when people are in comas, they can still hear.” He smirked.

I ignored his jab. “Is there anything wrong with him?”

“He’ll have a lot of pain from his shot wound, but that’s almost healed. Besides that, everything should be in tip-top shape.”

I smiled, for the first time in weeks. “Thanks doctor.”

“Anytime.” He turned on his heels and walked out, and back into the little room where Taylor lay.

“You can see him now.” An hour after hearing that he will wake up, the doctor told me the words I’ve been waiting for.

I ran into the room, but hesitated at the door.

I pushed aside my shy side, and walked through.

“Hi, Taylor?” It came out more as a question.

His eyes opened, and my heart fluttered. Then he looked confused. “Who are you?” He asked me.

I gasped.

“Unfortunately his memory is temporarily erased, but it should return soon.”

The same tears found their way out again. “When? When is soon?” I choked out.

“In a month or two.”

A strangled sound erupted from my throat.

“You swear you don’t know who I am?” I asked, for the hundredth time.

“I swear. I’m sorry, you must be devastated.” He frowned. He felt bad, for making me so distraught.

“It’s not your fault.” I said quietly.

“Yes, yes it is. If I really did try to defend you in that restaurant, then it’s my fault.”

“Taylor, it’s okay.”

He sighed.

My throat squeezed, and I could feel the tears threatening to boil over. “I… I have to go…” I mumbled, and ran out of the room, out of the hospital, forgetting my things and my car, and ran home.

I buried my face in my pillows, and screamed as loud as I could. I got tired of Ary bugging me, so eventually I gathered up all my anger and pushed my dresser in front of my door so she couldn’t try and help me anymore.

Nothing can ever help me.

I need my Taylor back.