Chapter 22

Chapter 22

“Taylor?” Ary asked.

My breaths were quick and raspy. “Where… is… Taylor?” I didn’t recognize my own voice; I jumped a little at the sound.

“Taylor… um…”

Why won’t she tell me? Where is he?

“Where… is… Taylor?” I repeated, louder this time.

“You don’t remember?” Ary asked.

I looked confused. “Remember what?”

“Taylor lost his memory…” Ary whispered, looking down.

Oh.

I remember now.

He doesn’t know who I am.

Suddenly my throat started to close, and I gasped for air. I could hear the heart monitor’s pace increase, then everything went black.

Again.

Taylor’s POV

I feel so bad. I let that girl down so much.

What was her name?

Bella?

No, Mirabell!

Yeah, Mirabell.

She looked so sad when I didn’t know who she was. But I don’t understand how I could have loved her, and not feel like that when I see her now. Wouldn’t something trigger my memory?

I sighed, and sat up in my hotel room bed. I have nowhere to go, I guess. Mirabell doesn’t want me around anymore.

I just make her cry.

I rifled through my pockets and found a business card. I turned it over, and Ary’s number was written on the back in pen.

She told me to call if I ever needed help.

My phone was almost dead, I saw, as I opened it. I quickly dialed Ary’s number.

“Hello”?”

“Um, hi. It’s Taylor.”

“Hello. Do you need anything?”

“Yeah. I want to try and remember again, and I thought you might have some things of Mirabell’s that might trigger my memory.”

She gasped. “That would be so awesome! Sure! Mirabell is at the hospital right now with me, so I guess you can stop by anytime.”

“Why is she in the hospital?!”

“Well, she’s having a lot of emotional trauma right now.”

“Why?”

She sighed. “She loves you, Taylor. I don’t think she’s ever going to get over you.”

I felt guilty. “I’m so sorry, Ary, I…”

“It’s not your fault, Taylor. I wish there was more guys out there like you, I really do.”