Chapter 16- Tutis

Tutis

Latin

Safe

-

yet my tongue

freezes

and

beneath my skin a fire rages

and...

my eyes are empty but

my ears are full.

-

Trigger warning: implied mention of past attempted abuse later in chapter

-

"What's wrong, Ed? You never call meetings." Lucy asked, both worried and confused as she and her siblings joined Edmund in one of the council rooms later that day, long after the joyful and tearful (though none would admit it) reunions had subsided.

He looked confused and accordingly made a face, "I always call meetings."

"Actually, you always tell me to call meetings, you very rarely call them yourself." Peter shrugged, taking a seat. "Seriously though, what is it? I thought you said the situation with the giants was under control as of now."

"It is." He assured them. They had elected not to go and storm the giants' shelter, for the mountainous terrain was very difficult to travel through, and fighting giants in their natural habitat? Not a good decision. If the giants did cause any chaos, or if they descended into the area of Ettinsmoor which was Narnian territory, it would be war.

"Then what?" Susan asked, looking to him.

"Some hags and banshees are looking to resurrect the White Witch." He said, half sheepishly as he knew how it would be taken.

"Oh, for Aslan's sake."

"We literally just destroyed her a year ago!"

"Well, Sanya did, but yes- it's getting annoying now."

"It's not that because of that plan that I called this meeting." Edmund said, exasperated. "They want fae blood- maybe even royal fae blood- and godly blood too. I was thinking they wanted the Faerie Queen- but then I remembered she's well protected and isolated in Neráida. So-"

"Jem- oh, and Sanya too." Lucy ended, looking grave and worried. "But they're safe here- aren't they?!"

"Yes, Lu, they are." Peter said comfortingly, shooting his brother a look for frightening their baby sister.

"What else did you learn?" Susan asked, after putting her arm around Lucy's shoulder.

"Well- they need these two kinds of blood because they don't have her wand. If they had her wand, all they would need is human blood- and not even pure human blood- to bring her back, fully corporeal."

"Thankfully, we have her wand very much locked up and secure." Susan said at once, looking to Peter for confirmation and he nodded. "What else?"

"Nothing, then I got attacked and chased off by about a hundred vultures, who followed me until I was starting to approach Cair." The Just shrugged, and gestured to his new and clean bandages. "These aren't just for show, you know."