CHAPTER 7

Chapter 7. The Anger of a Demon (Part 2)
Editor: Cherish

‘Who does he think he is?!’ Tae Hyun glanced at the overturned pot of kimchi jjigae and snickered at Kang Yu, who was howling.

— Are you crazy? — How dare his sister drag some homeless guy into the house? She seemed to be too kind, and she doesn’t have any willpower. — Where did you find that tramp?

— Ka… Kang Yu, run away! — Han Sol screamed, ignoring her brother’s question.

Tae Hyun was bordering level 30, while the “Devourer” was only at level 4.

Without taking into account the Devourer’s level, which wasn’t that high, compared to the girl, he was still incredibly strong.

Regardless, Han Sol didn’t want to drag her savior into domestic disputes, and she especially didn’t want the guy to get hurt.

A tempting thought came to her mind:

‘What if Kang Yu could resolve this situation as well?’ But it was just a passing fantasy, and the girl shook the thought away. Tae Hyun was at B-level despite being second rank, even though you usually have to get a third or fourth rank to get to B-level.

A Player’s strength was classified according to his abilities and level.

Therefore, we can say that compared to other people, he was a more talented player.

‘Kang Yu is in danger.’ She looked at the young man with anxiety in her eyes.

— Aaaah, my kimchi jjigae! — Kang Yu sobbed, looking at the soup spilled across the floor. He couldn’t have known the girl’s worries.

Tae Hyun didn’t like the reaction, and his face twisted.

— Hey, bum, stop yelling and get up.

Kang Yu slowly turned his head towards the smug face of Tae Hyun.

Rage was building up in him.

—  Аh?! — When he faced Kang Yu, Tae Hyun, unexpectedly took a step back.

‘What the…?’ A human couldn’t have that kind of gaze.

It was the gaze of a ferocious, wild beast.

‘No…’ His face turned pale.

Wild beast? No, it felt different.

It was a hatred that pulled him down, strangled him. Animals couldn’t do that.

He was frightened by the eyes he saw. Empty and dark, they were like the deepest abyss.

‘It’s like…’ Tae Hyun found the right word to describe that look.

He had no doubts about it:

— Demon.

Demon. He had never seen a demon in person, nor did he know exactly what they looked like.

But for some reason, he was sure that there was no other term that could describe Kang Yu’s face and darkness in his eyes.

Tae Hyun took a deep breath and gathered his strength. Suddenly, the evil energy that had been hovering in the air before had evaporated.

‘It must have been my imagination.’ He looked carefully at Kang Yu.

A homeless person could never have emitted such a frightening wave of ardent anger.