CHAPTER 36

Chapter 36: The Chosen One (Part 1)

Editor: Cherish

— I’m sorry about what happened today. Yeon Ho will leave the guild and we will talk to the rest of the members so that it doesn’t happen again, — Chae Young-ju said with a serious expression and tilted her head.

She had offered Kang Yu support, but her subordinates weren’t even listening to her orders. Of course, she felt humiliated.

— Well, I got the equipment I wanted, so it’s okay. — Kang Yu raised the armor in his hand.

Looking down, he read the basic information.

[Information]

Name: Power Armor

Type: Unique

Effect: Resistance to physical damage +200, Resistance to magic damage +80.

Special feature: Increases resistance to physical attacks by twice by 10 seconds (can be used once a day).

‘As expected of high-end equipment.’ He would have had to use three epic items for the same effect, but now he’d only have to wear a single piece of armor.

‘It’s not a bad feature either.’ Kang Yu figured it could be used with the Power of Darkness to achieve great results.

He turned his head to Young-ju and spoke in a calm tone:

— However, if it happens again next time, I’ll have to rethink our ‘friendship.’ — He’d already obtained the high-end item he wanted, so he thought it would be appropriate to leave a remark like this now.

What had just happened was a complete failure on Young-ju’s part, as head of the guild. Her subordinate disregarded her orders.

Kang Yu agreed to help them in the future, but Yeon Ho, disregarding their alliance, was dismissive and negative towards him from the start.

‘Even though I can understand why he was acting like that.’

Kang Yu, who is more of a demon than a human being, was very susceptible to desire.

That included knowing what his opponents want and how much they want.

‘He seems to be blinded by the feeling of love.’

‘Blinded by love’ seems like a trivial phrase, but it perfectly describes the current situation.

— I’m sorry, there’s no excuse for his behavior. — Young Ju took a deep breath and apologized again.

It wasn’t really because of Yeon Ho’s behavior that she was acting like this.

It’s because of the Powers that Kang Yu showed in the battle with Yeon Ho.

The person who became a Player two weeks ago fought and defeated a Player with the 7th rank. That was more than enough to change her attitude.

Kang Yu’s status has changed from a Player with whom it would be ‘good’ to have a good relationship to a Player with whom it would be ‘perfect’ to have a good relationship.