Chapter 16: The Revival

At the moment, Lincoln was under sedation as Alfred patched him up. The poor butler rather disliked doing, adding another scar to the growing collection on his master/friend/practical son's body. He was no doctor, but it was starting to become like a second nature to him. As far as he knew, he was living the dream, as he did his best to stitch up the blade wound. It was one of the worse injuries he's every seen Lincoln get. He's used to seeing knife wounds or bullet holes, but this was something else. Though, he managed to stop the bleeding, he was sure that this would take weeks to heal...

Alfred:"He's stable for now. But he will need immediate rest."

Lynn:"Never thought anybody could take down the Batman the way this guy did. He knew every move Linc was gonna make, but he has some moves that we just didn't see coming."

Alfred:"Children, please give your brother some space to breathe. I'll have him taken upstairs to his bedroom."

Lana:"Hmm...I don't think there's gonna be hiding his secret identity."

Lola:"What do you mean?"

Lana:"How are you supposed to hide an injury like that."

Lucy:"Lincoln has his ways."

And as always, Lucy's sudden appearance scares everyone.

Lola:"You were in on this too, Lucy?"

Lucy:"Yep. Found out all on my own."

Lana:"How?"

Lucy:"I have my own ways."

Lynn:"Look, that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that Lincoln manages to get better asap. Because that guy out there meant business, and you could only imagine what would happen to this city without Batman!"

Lisa:"Who was it that you said you were fighting?"

Lynn:"He called himself 'Heretic'. From the way he looked, he was an...Anti-Batman. Not just that, but like I said, he moved much like Bats."

Lisa:"Hmm...Well, there's nothing in the criminal data base that says something about this man. But if he is as dangerous as you describe him to be...we are in a world of trouble."

Somewhere in Gotham's underground, the man in question, Heretic, along with Catwoman, was returning to his base of operations in the unhappiest of moods. He came close to killing the one man he set out to hunt on the first try...and then he meets the front end of a car...

Heretic:"Idiot...idiot...IDIOT!"

Out of frustration, he removes his helmets and throws to the ground, getting the attention of some henchmen within the place. However, his face couldn't be seen, as it was concealed in the shadows...

Heretic:"So close. So close to taking him out."

Talia:"I'm supposing things didn't go as planned."

Heretic:"I was smashed against a wall by his car."

Talia:"Well, I cannot really say that I warned you."

Heretic. You didn't, actually. You just kept talking about that plan of yours. And that of your father's as well."

Talia:"Please, beloved. Allow us to go along with it. It is foolproof and destined to not fail."

Heretic:"How many times do I have to tell you? It is not. going. to work. You are setting yourself up for failure."

Talia:"And are you not doing the same? Risking everything that we have built, all that we have achieved, over this pointless vendetta of yours?!"

Heretic:"...All that we've made, that we 'achieved'...will be for nothing, if we do not win the war I am about to start."