Chapter 31: The Escape

Gotham North, otherwise known as the Old Gotham, the Original City, now abandoned and remaining decollate to this day, becoming the place where criminals roam free, their home territory, and the city built on top of the metropolis that would've been Ra's Al Ghul's monumental gift to the world, Wonder City. As of now, it is only the temporary base of operations for the League of Assassin, and the prison to 9 of 11 children, The Loud Sisters and Lincoln Wayne. There was still hope, as the two remaining free sisters, Luna and Lucy, were heading their way there now as Lucy was flying there and Luna rode a motorcycle she supposedly bought off a man outside Gotham General.

She-Bat:"I'm over North Gotham. I've yet to find the Entrance into Wonder City, however."

Alfred:"(via com) It's not impossible to find, but you're going to have to head deeper into the city. Quite literally, I might add, as the foundation for North Gotham is practically hollow. Look for an collapsed streets that might be a possible entrance to the Gotham's Underground."

Police Radio:"THIS IS UNIT FIVE. WE HAVE REPORTS OF A CYCLIST RIDING DOWN TO MOUNTAIN DRIVE. RIDER APPEARS TO A BE A MINOR, HAS A PIXIE CUT, WEARING KIND OF SUIT. REQUEST TO DISPATCH IMMEDIATELY."

She-Bat:"That's...not good."

Alfred:"Do you believe that to be Ms. Luna?"

She-Bat:"She must be heading home. Brief her on what's going on the moment she's back at the Manor."

Rita:"I just hope she doesn't to go out there. Not after what she's been through."

She-Bat:"Mom, that's her decision. You can't really stop her...alright, I see an opening. I'm heading down now."

Cutting communications, Lucy dove down an opening to the Access of the old Subway Maintenance system of North Gotham. It was a maze of steel and ironwork that has been abandoned for decades. Normally, it would be impossible to move through by normal means as it connected to the sewers and most of the tunnels had been collapses, but it was hardly any trouble for Lucy and her abilities. While it was desolate and void of any life, Lucy couldn't help but bare the feeling that she was being watched. Moving through places high and low, the sewer/subway tunnels soon turned to collapses streets and Lucy found herself in the Outskirts of Gotham's wonder to the world. Old Gotham was held up by the very foundations of Wonder City, which had been operational to this day as Lucy was staring as a giant elevator probably connected to the tower just above this place. The underground just up ahead, as she passes an ancient mechanical guardian and through the doors and finds herself at the gates of Wonder City...

Announcer:"This world is doomed. Cities like Gotham will grow to resemble hell breaking through the sidewalk, continuing up into the sky. Structures will grow to blot out the sun, and the people who live in them will be choked by the pollution they create. Eventually, when no space remains, this world will die, struggling for breath as man's mistakes nail the coffin shut. But this doesn't have to be your future, Gotham..."

The first gate opened what was shown would've been rather horrific to most people, but it hardly bothered Lucy as she saw about 9 dead criminals hanging from the ceiling. She merely continued on as the second get opened.

Announcer:"There is a better way. Behind this wall is mankind's chance for survival. A glimpse as a future based on an amazing discovery. A discovery that will allow Gotham to rise like Lazarus, becoming a beacon of hope for this world. Are you intrigued? Then step closer. Witness the future of Gotham City."

Upon doing so, the only thing Lucy witnessed where three female assassins appearing in puffs of smoke as they drew their swords towards her. Try as they did, they hardly landed a scratch on the She-Bat, as her bat like abilities left her with heightened senses, allowing her to hear which sword was coming the closest, timing her dodges just right, the flexibility of a lemur as she was too far her the assassins to even come close. And let's not forget her wings, which created a great gust of wind that pushed the assassins' back against the wall. After that, they were rather quite easy to deal with as Lucy defeated them quickly. Pretty soon, the third gate slowly opened for her.