Chapter 15: The Heretic

Lola:"You're telling me that Selina Kyle is Catwoman?"

Lana:"That's right. You were with a super criminal this whole time!"

Lola:"But that's ridiculous! She seems to be a very nice person!"

Lana:"Don't let her fool you! She's an evil jewel thief!"

Lola:"She's not even evil! So what if she swipes something shiny every now and then! It's not like it's a violent crime! No harm, no foul, right?"

Lana:"I mean it, Lola. Don't go near that woman again or she'll show you things you're definitely not ready for!"

Lola:"You can't tell me what to do, Lana!"

Lincoln:"You're right, she can't...but I can."

Lola:"Lincoln, please. Selina Kyle seems to be a very nice person."

Lincoln:"Who steals priceless jewelry for a living."

Lola:"Oh, come on! Where's the harm in that?!"

Lincoln:"Stealing is wrong, Lola, but that's not all. Being around someone like her leaves you in a dangerous position. It'll have you put a target on your back. That's why, for your own safety, you are never to have other interaction with that woman."

Lola:"But, Lincoln-"

Lincoln:"Go. To your room. Lola."

Frustrated with her brother being against her, Lola runs to here room and slams the door behind her. She presses her face against a pillow, wanting to scream in anger. It seems that her time with Selina had taken a toll on her. Now she feels like she wants to be just like that woman. Wearing a cat costume, stealing priceless jewelry and keeping it for herself. It seemed so...ridiculous. And yet, it also seemed like something she was would wish to do. Lola felt conflicted. Would she dare to even try to do something so...foolish? Dangerous? Something that's bound to get her arrested? Would she try that, even going against her own brother's wishes?

... Perhaps she would. She rose her head with a mischievous smile on her face. Heading to the closet, she looked for something that would work out just fine. Fortunately, she did find something that would "suit" her. A vintage rubber jacket and that has a collection of dust covering it. It's a start, but it's not enough. Then, out of the corner of her eye, Lola spots a sewing kit, perfect for what she has in mind.

Somewhere hidden from all of Gotham, Selina Kyle, now dressed as Catwoman was making her way underground to a place that only people like her know about. Descending down stairs and then an elevator, she soon finds herself in what looks to be an underground city, deprived of anybody...except a few mysterious looking robots. Heading inside, she stops at a grand gate then turns to the wall, opening up a few hatches that show a number panel, a retina and hand print scanner. After typing in a few numbers for exactly a minute, she allows her eye to be scanned, and then her hand was next. And with that, the gates up and she moved inside. There was someone waiting for her there, the same shadowy figure from before, the one who had planned the assault on Lincoln and Harvey Dent. Despite the fact that he was wearing a mask, Selina could tell that he was not happy...

Catwoman:"Look, before you say anything-"

?:"You got too close, Selina."

Catwoman:"Oh, come on. So I may have saw a little bit of myself in the kid. She reminded me of Holly. I could've taken her under my wing."

?:"Because that worked so well for you last time?"

Catwoman:"..."

?:"Though, as doubtful as it is, you might have just given the Dark Knight another pupil to take in."