Chapter 6: The Partner

At the moment, Lynn was watching TV on her brother's flat screen, which she considered a heck of an improvement than the TV they had back home. She kinda got over not being able to help out Batman after Lincoln bought her a new phone. Still, she wanted more than anything to be partners with the Dark Knight, since she felt like there was nothing better to do around here than to watch a few shows or do some parkour around the Manor, which Alfred disapproves with entirely. She just kept flipping through channels, from cops shows, to movies and to the news, where some interesting stuff was shown happening...

Newscaster:"And for some sad news today, the Worlds Greatest Acrobats, the Flying Graysons, have horribly died in an accident today during a tour with Haly's Circus that was soon to arrive at Gotham City."

Lynn:"Oh no! Those guys were my favorite trapeze group!"

Lucy:"(appeared out of nowhere) You never said you had a favorite trapeze group."

Lynn:"(screams when Lucy should up)...Yeah, it's not something I usually talk about. But I love those guys. They had such great moves and technique, they could take your breath away with their performance. It's like they're...magic. I've spent some time trying to replicate their moves, but I can never do what they do perfectly...or without falling on my face."

Newscaster:"Though, friends and loved ones mourn the death of John and Mary Grayson, it seems their only son, Richard Grayson, has mysteriously disappeared a day after their untimely fate."

Lucy:"Hmm, I don't blame him for disappearing. It's sad really. Their son is about the same age when Lincoln lost Mr. and Mrs. Wayne."

Lynn:"Yeah. Having to live with the memory of losing your loved ones is not easy. Especially at that age. I wish I would've gotten to known him."

Lucy:"...Speaking of which, where were you yesterday? You seem to have vanished yourself just before dinner."

Lynn:"...Oh. Uh...I was just...with Lincoln. I...just kept asking things of him, he kept saying no."

Lucy:"...Well, I suppose that's nothing to worry about. But you seem pretty tired this morning."

Lynn:"What makes you say that?"

Lucy:"There's the bags under your eyes."

Lynn felt around her eyes to realize that Lucy was right. She could look tired to just about everyone...

Lucy:"Plus, you feel asleep in your cereal."

That did happen. Everyone was just enjoying their breakfast when Lynn suddenly fell face first into a bowl of cereal. That would explain why she felt like she had milk and half a flake up her nose...

Lynn:"...Right. I just had a rough night, Lucy, alright? Don't worry about it."

Lucy:"If you say so."

At the moment, Lincoln was heading over the kitchen to get his morning coffee. He kept in mind the idea of having Lisa and Lynn working with him since last night. But his train of thought was interrupted when he saw Luna blocking the door to the kitchen...

Luna:"Sorry, bro. Kitchen's off limits."

Lincoln:"What do you mean?"

Luna:"Lori's in there cooling off. She got into a bit of a fight with Leni."

Looking over Luna's shoulder, Lincoln could see Lori in there, looking fumed with her arms crossed and not making eye contact with everyone...

Lincoln:"Have your parents talked to either of them?"

Luna:"Well...this is something...out of their control."

Lincoln:"Are you tell me the one time there needs to be parenting, Mom and Dad can't do anything about it?"