Chapter 26: The Jokerz

Another week after the incident that left Lucy as a bat-mutant, she's been secretly training herself to master her abilities and control her brand new instincts and no one has learned about this otherwise...or so she thought.

Lisa:"Okay...now, bring out your wings."

Doing as told, Lucy made batwings sprout from her back. The sound of bones popping almost sound painful, but Lucy could barely feel a thing, as she made herself grow accustomed to her knew abilities already. Making them flap, she smiled at the sight of them.

Lucy:"I've gotten the hang of this so easily."

Lisa:"So it seems, but don't be surprised if new feral instincts try to take over you mind."

Lucy:"Lisa, relax. I've been dreaming about this for a long time. I know what to expect."

Lisa:"Very well."

Meanwhile, up in the Manor, Lincoln was getting ready to go to work when he saw something weird. Luan looked to be taking measurements around the house and looked to be writing some things around the house. This caught his attention as he walks over to her.

Lincoln:"Luan? What are you doing?"

Luan:"Oh nothing. Just examining the place in order to be set up April Fool's Day."

Lincoln:"Why would you do that?"

Luan:"Cuz It's fun. I do this every year."

Though he still doesn't know her too well, Lincoln has looked in Luan's Baby Book and it showed that Luan has a history of making the most unorthodox, and sometimes, considerably sadistic pranks. Causing injuries for several people, destruction of private property and even costing hundreds of dollars for her family in cash. This was a huge concern, considering a city like Gotham isn't so keen on clowns, pranksters or jokers. And with Luan, she might be considered a criminal with how her pranks tend to go too far. Plus, this is still Lincoln's house, and the house of the Wayne's and he wanted to be treated with respect.

Lincoln:"Luan, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to ask you to stop."

Luan:"Why?"

Lincoln:"Because your parents had told me about how you tend to take your pranks too far."

Luan:"Whaaaat? That's a lie! All my little pranks are completely harmless."

Lincoln:"The time you covered Clyde in breadcrumbs and had hungry birds chase after him?"

Luan:"That was a long time ago."

Lincoln:"When you practically threatened dad into helping you prank the family?"

Luan:"That's a matter of opinion."

Lincoln:"(sighs) Luan, you have to face facts that you taking pranking way too far."

Luan:"Is there something so wrong about that?!"

Lincoln:"In this city, yeah. Gotham doesn't take too kindly to pranksters, jokers or clowns. Believe me, I've seen it before."

Luan:"Why is that?"

Lincoln:"It had something to do with what happened in the 1980's, where the city was swarmed with rioters, anarchists and others kinds of criminals. All of whom were inspired, by one man who stood up above them. He had a sadistic nature, killed a few people, including a talk show host on live TV AND he did all...while dressed up as a clown."

Luan did a double-take on that last bit. It seems why she was beginning to understand why this town was sour with clowns and why people prefer the black and depressing lifestyle they live in.