Diamond of the Day

"They're doing well," Morgana noted as she and Merlin watched the battle between the Knights of Camelot and the Saxons. 

"But they're still outnumbered," Merlin replied. "They're growing tired. I think it's time we give them a little help." Merlin pulled out two cloaks and some face paint. "Ready?"

Morgana showed Merlin the two Sidhe staffs that they had acquired way back in year one when they saved Arthur from Aulfic and Sofia Tir-Mor.  "Let's do this."

They put the black cloaks on and then coated their lips with the red paint. Then they pulled the hoods over their heads. "I knew us looking similar would come in handy one day," Merlin smiled.

"Besides pranking the boys, of course."

"Of course."

They stood side by side and peered down at the battle. Arthur was currently surrounded by Saxons. Merlin pointed the head of the staff towards the men, causing them to be thrown back. Morgana did the same to the men behind Arthur. 

Arthur, confused, looked up to see the two women standing on the cliff. Lightning struck behind them. Merlin raised the staff again, causing another group of Saxons to be sent to the ground.

"Emrys!" Morgause screamed.

Merlin rolled her eyes. "I want to do this one," Morgana said.

"By all means."

Morgana sent Morgause flying to the ground with a lazy flick of her hand. 

Commanding the powers of nature, Merlin raised the Sidhe staff high into the air and summoned a large bolt of lightning. It struck all of the Saxons, leaving them unconscious... And possibly dead.

A screeching sound filled the air. Everyone who was conscious turned to see a white dragon flying right towards the battlefield.

"Nun de ge dei s'eikein kai emois epe'essin hepesthai! Weas!" Merlin shouted at Aithusa. At first, Aithusa tried to resist Merlin's commands, but found herself unable to. Aithusa flew back the way that she had come. 

"You can speak dragon?" Morgana asked.

"Have I not told you?"

"No."

"Oh. My bad. I can speak dragon."

"Thanks for telling me," Morgana said sarcastically.

Everyone stood, frozen, surprised at Aithusa's retreat. Arthur stared up at Merlin and Morgana.

"Do the dramatic reveal," Morgana whispered.

"I was only joking about that," Merlin hissed.

"Just do it."

With a sigh, Merlin pulled her hood back, revealing her face. Merlin's long hair blew in the wind. She gazed down at Arthur and gave him a half smile. 

"Fight for Albion," Merlin said to Arthur, telepathically. "We'll do what we can to help."

Arthur got over his shock and nodded. "For the love of Camelot!" Arthur shouted, charging back into battle. 

"Nice dramatic reveal," Morgana commented.

"You could've revealed yourself too, you know."

"I know, but that would have taken away from your reveal."

"Fair enough. The wind was a nice touch by the way. I'm assuming that was you?"

"Indeed it was. I'm glad you liked it."