FIVE: A different perspective

The sound of silence was overwhelming. Nightfall looked in horror at the big hole in the floor. Ink stained his paws, but he didn't care. His owner was gone, possibly dead. The small black cat let out a small mew of sorrow. The weight was too heavy on his little heart, as he looked around in fear. He's never been alone before. It's always been him and his owner. And that's how it should be. But now, She's gone, and he doesn't know what to do.

How did he even survive? Not even he himself knows. All he did was jump out of her arms, and happened struggle back onto the surface. Though, he wished he would've stayed with her; They would still be together if he did, whether they are in heaven or hell. It didn't matter to him as long as she was there. She was his owner, after all, and he would do anything to protect her; to pay back all the generosity she has given to him. But he failed miserably. He let her die, he left her hanging by that thread and didn't even try to save her.

What could've he done to change this? He was a cat after all. What could've he done? He was useless. He let out another mew of sorrow, before sneezing. Dust filled his small button nose, making him sneeze again. He didn't like this odd place. It was old and dusty; And you never know what's around the corner. He could feel the presence of the lost souls that never moved onto the afterlife. He could hear their their desperate cries for help. It was painful. But it makes him wonder, Is his owner now one of those lost souls crying out for help by any passersby. He really hopes not.

Ink started to pour from the pipes, making Nightfall jump. His fur stood up, ink soaking his pale skin. A low demonic growl rumbled through the halls, making Nightfall shiver with fear. It was that werid ink creature again. It must've heard his meows. Oh, how could've he been so foolish?
There it was... it's wet footsteps echoed through the black cat's fluffy ears. And that smile; Oh that twisted smile that he will never forget again. He examined their sharp teeth and imagined them piercing through his skin. It looked to be underfed, He could see their ribs as well as their spine.

They dragged their claws on the inky floor as he stepped closer and closer to Nightfall.
Nightfall unsheathed his claws. Two could play that game. He wasn't afraid. He had to be strong for his owner. All this will be for her. He will escape. For her..

The creature came to a stop once it was close enough. There was only a little space between the demon and the cat. Nightfall felt his small heart pound in his fluffy black chest. He was at the edge of the hole, and he could fall in at any time. The ink demon smirked even more, seeing the small black cat at the edge. It was amusing to him. He stepped a little closer as the Nightfall flinched. Nightfall's claws scraped at the floorboards. He kept his balance, his tail tucked in between his paws. What should he do? The ink demon was standing right in front of him. He could kill him at any time. If he doesn't do something quick, then he's done for. The ink demon raised up a claw, about to swipe at him. Quickly, Nightfall moved to the side, out of harms way. He ran off, passing the tall skinny ink demon. He heard them roar demonicly, shaking the whole ground, which only inspired him to go even faster, unless he wanted to be lunch. The ink demon chased after him, growling with rage. His small little paw shook in fear, but he kept on going. He had to, he just had to! It was like a game of Wolf and Cat; the cat being the victim. Nightfall ran throughout the hallways of the studio, with the ink demon right on his tail.

Eventually, Nightfall came to a stop. He couldn't just keep on running like a little mouse. He had to think; Where should he go? How should he protect himself? The ink demon was coming, he could hear him. That's when it came to him. There were holes in the walls. If he could find a hole big enough, he could fit through there and plan an escape route.
He ran up to the hole, slipping inside it. Immediately, dust greeted his nose, as he held in his sneeze. He looked behind him, out of the hole. And oh boy, did it look horrible out there. Ink started flood everywhere in a matter of seconds; Nightfall could tell he had angered the ink demon. It was starting to flood through his small little hole. He had no choice but to move on through the wall.

Surprisingly it was pretty huge. If someone liked, they could live inside the walls. Nightfall squinted through the darkness in order to see his surroundings. There was nothing really interesting to him. Just a bunch of darkness, dust, and cobwebs, possibly even spiders. He looked back behind him. It looked to be safe right now. But it won't be later. He had to beat the ink, or face death. He chooses to beat the ink. He padded through the dark halls in the walls; at least they felt like halls. A couple of times he saw holes, and looked through them, then continued on his little way. He eventually came to a stop. It was the hole beside the entrance. If he can pass the hole and get to the entrance, he could escape! Quickly and silently, he squirmed out of the hole. Unfortunately, he got his paw stuck. His heart almost stopped. Ever so slowly, he tried to get it unstuck, wincing at the pain through his paw. It hurt, but he couldn't scream out with pain unless he wanted the ink demon to come and find him. He had plans; To avenge his owner's death and live on for her. He was so close to fulfilling this plan, and he didn't want to fail now. It's time he did something for her; To continue life for her. He looked a deep breath, then quickly yanked his paw out of the hole. Pain hit him, as he closed his eyes and held his tongue. The wooden boards from the wall dug deep into his skin, making a deep cut on his paw. Blood gushed out from the wound, staining the floor a dark crimson.

The ink demon must've smelled his blood, because he could hear his growls and footsteps right behind him in the distance. He turned around, letting out a freighted meow. Right in front of him, was a flood of ink; The ink demon being there as well.
Nightfall tried to run, whimpering everytime he put weight onto his paw.

It was like the light at the end of a tunnel. He was so close to the exit. And then, he could escape this horrible nightmare. There was only just one problem (Besides the Ink demon) The gigantic hole in the floor. He had to act fast if he wanted to get past that, even if it seemed oh so foolish. At least he tried his best to escape. Quickly, he attempted to jump over the hole. He purred. Victory was almost here. He could practically smell it; Fresh air. If only stories could actually have a happy ending.

His hope suddenly slid off of him, as his tail was yanked back by the ink demon. His heart jumped, as the Ink demon let go of him.
It was like time slowed down. Nightfall fell down, overwhelmed by his emotions. Most of them was Pain and sorrow. He was a failure. He couldn't even do one simple thing for his owner. His life and memories flashed. One stuck to him more than the others; The first time he met his owner. She was always so kind to him.. and he never did thank her. He let her down..

The ground came into sight, as a smell filled his small button nose... (Y/N)'s scent...
She's still alive....