TWENTY: Lazy Day

(A/n); I'm so sorry for the wait for this chapter, I've been busy with life. I'm also sorry if it's sloppy, I have not motivation because of life-

It's been a day since the whole level 14 incident. Bendy's allowed me to take a break this week.
"After everything you've been through since being here, you deserve it." He told me. It's actually pretty sweet of him. He can be a sweetheart sometimes.

My only problem for the day; Bendy and his stubbornness. If I get rest time he definitely should too. Though, he refuses. I don't know why- He needs it. More than me. He is the one with an injury, after all.

When the projectionist fought him, the inky projector man had broken Bendy's ribs. He never said so, but I know from the way he's been acting this morning. He's been whimpering all morning and complaining about his ribs and just been extra sensitive.

"You need rest!" I snapped at him, trying to push him into his room.
Bendy hissed as if he was a snake; "No! I don't!" He spat.
"Yes you do!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
He growled deeply. For a second I thought he was going to rip me to shreds. Luckily, he didn't. He was too tired to anyway.

"I'll get Mika if you don't rest right this second!" I looked at him sternly.
"Do you even remember where she lives..?" He began to form a smirk when I didn't reply. God damnit he got me.

"Yeah w-well-" I stammered, thinking desperately of something, "I'll get Sammy- I know where he is!"
He gasped dramatically, almost making me burst into laughter, "You wouldn't dare!"
"Oh, I would-"
"No!" He growled softly.
"Then rest!"
He hesitated for a little before deeply sighing and giving in, "Fine." Hah! I won this bet!

He slumped into his bed, turning me and saying with a grim tone, "Why should you care about me anyway? There's plenty of other souls round' here who deserves your kindness more than me."
I looked at him softly, "I-I-" I couldn't think of any words to say. He looked at me with a hopeful gaze as if he was a little lost kitty. I put my hand on his back, soothing him;
"I like you, Bendy. You might be mean, but you're still a friend of mine. I can tell you care for me."

"How do you know if I really care about you?!?" He hissed, yanking my hand off his back, tail lashing with annoyance.

"Because you wouldn't have taken me to the showers when the angel was there, or taken me to the music department just to make amends with me."
"Hmmpf. Good point." He chuckled softly, "Come, sit by me." He patted the open spot beside him, covered in bedsheets.
I sat beside him, giving a small smile and putting my head on his lap. He shifted uncomfortably, but placed his inky hand on my head, petting me. I let out a little giggle.
This felt right. Me and him. Away from the rest of the world.

In a way, I felt safe around him. He was the star face of the studio. No one dared challenge him, and if they did they'd die by the hands of him. And.. he protects me. He might not really mean to care, but he does.
Slowly, my conscious began to leave, as my heavy eyelids closed. I could feel Bendy lay down on the bed, pull me toward him, and cuddle me. I smiled in my sleep, everything's going to be okay.

~~~

My eyes fluttered opened, then shut once more when I saw the bright sunlight. I was in a field of nothing but pretty flowers, all pretty colors like yellow, and purple, and blue, some pink and red two. Birds sung in the trees around. I smiled and hummed, picking flowers and sniffing each one. Of course, I knew this was all just a dream; but it's nice to escape life into your own dreamland. It was so lovely here. Not like any of my usual nightmares I have. Usually, I always worry that dreams like these turn to something twisted, but this time, I'm not scared of that. I'm too much at peace.