TWENTY-ONE: Maxx

As soon as I woke up, the smell of bacon soup filled my nose. My eyes fluttered open as I sat up in bed; Bendy's bed. I was still in his room, wrapped in a thin yet big and fluffy blanket. Bendy wasn't anywhere in sight. He's probably the one making soup then. Stretching a little and blinking off sleep, I got out of bed, walking out of Bendy's room. The smell of bacon soup grew stronger and stronger as I headed into the kitchen. On the stove was a pot of boiling soup that was almost ready to serve. And right beside it was Bendy, waiting patiently- well, kinda. His tail twitched with anticipation. He let out a soft, bored sigh, then checked his black claws and scoffed.
Quietly, I walked up beside him, leaning back on the stove and watched the soup slowly cook. Bendy looked up from his claws to glance at me but did not say a thing. Just.. stared. He stared at me for what felt like an  hour, even though it was a minute. It started to creep me out.
I cleared my throat, glaring at him. He snapped out of his thoughts, "Hm!! Oh, Hey (Y/n)." He mumbled my name tiredly. At least, I think—
Shaking off my uneasiness, I waved at him, "Heya Bends!" He probably wasn't trying to creep me out when he stared at me like that, I told myself. It comforted me and helped me brush off my uneasiness. It was an innocent stare and I just overreacted about it.

The smell of the soup began to overfill my nose, making me break out of my thoughts. I watched Bendy as he grabbed the pot full of now-done soup. He glanced towards me; "You hungry?"
I gave a nod as a response.

He turned his gaze back to the pot and grabbed two bowls, pouring some soup in each of the bowls. My belly began to growl harshly. I winced in response to my hunger. I didn't realize that I was so hungry until now. It doesn't matter though; I'm about to get food anyway. Still, my stomach hurt from being empty.

Bendy grabbed two spoons, put them each in a bowl, then handed me one of the bowls. My stomach growled once more.
"Here, breakfast! Be careful with it, it's still hot." He said, then grabbed his bowl of soup.
"Thank you Bends!" I replied.
"Mhm."

I headed to my room with the soup. There wasn't really much of a table, seems how Bendy never ate that much before I came to the studio. So usually, I stay in my room or sit on the floor near the throne depending on Bendy's mood.
As soon as I opened the door, Nightfall ran out and spun around in the middle of the room. I chuckled softly. I'm so glad to see my kitty in a happy mood! It brings back the old days, before the studio. The days I thought were dull when they really weren't. I wish I could've had more time to cherish them. No! No depressing thoughts! All that matters is that Nightfall is happy because he's finally warming up to the studio. That's why those memories were brought up. Because Nightfall's being his usual self.

Bendy came walking over to us, only once whimpering. That wound the projectionist gave him is healing. I began to smile to myself. That's good!
He looked down at Nightfall, who was now bouncing around his feet.

"Is he always like this?" The ink demon asked.
"Yeah," I replied, smiling, "He warmed up to the studio!"
"Ah." Bendy kneeled down and let his hand out for Nightfall to sniff. At first, Nightfall was hesitant. He let out a low growl from his throat.
"Hey, it's okay boy," I chimed, "He won't hurt you." Nightfall calmed down when I said that. His fur fluffed up though, as he slowly padded closer to Bendy and put his pink nose to his palm. Suddenly, he winced back. Probably because he thought that Bendy was going to hurt him; but the ink demon didn't move, so Nightfall put his nose back onto his palm. He remained there for a few minutes.

"See Nightfall, he's not going to hurt you." I kneeled down like Bendy. Nightfall lifted his nose from Bendy's palm and turned to me as I gave him a couple of head pats. He then began to purr, putting his paws on my knees. I sat down and Nightfall laid in my lap.
Bendy stood up and watched us, smiling ever so softly.