REAL LIFE.

bold: "i'm sorry i hung up on you," Alicia told Giancarlo as they left the diner

Didi, Miguel, and Gleyber were all talking several feet in front of them. They laughed loudly, completely unaware of the situation.

"it's fine," Giancarlo shrugged. "but why would he say that i was super drunk?"

"I don't know... he was acting weird last night, too," she frowned. When he turned and smirked at her, she finally realized how he'd taken it. She started laughing. "Really? I didn't..."

"No, dont tell me any of the details," Giancarlo replied, causing her to laugh harder.

"Stop!" She giggled. They were suddenly quiet as they made their way to the parking lot. Alicia was serious again when she said, "i don't know why he'd lie to me."

"well, does it have to do with Jen?"

She blinked as him, confused. "Why would you say that?"

He put his hands up, defensive. "I mean, it's just an idea. Usually when he runs out without any context, she has something to do with it."

"No, that's not it." Alicia shook her head. "She's his ex, they don't..."

She froze, her jaw dropping. Giancarlo stopped walking as soon as he realized that she'd stopped. "What?" He asked, not understanding

"She's his ex. The problem isn't his ex, it's mine," she told him." He saw the text from Christian. I guess he's hurt that i didn't tell him, or he thinks i didn't tell him..."

"Okay, hi, i'm still lost. What about Christian?"

Alicia tucked a curly strand of hair behind her ear, grinning at him. "I have to go," she started. "Like, right now. Right this second."

She took off for her car and Giancarlo started to walk toward the rest of the group. "Uh, okay then. Bye to you, too."

"