REAL LIFE & INSTAGRAM.

"Great your here"!

"I wouldn't miss my second game,"she smiled at her boss, and then remembered the car situation. "Sorry, again."

"More than six words!" Boone remarked. "Maybe your starting to break out of your shell after all!"

Alicia shrugged. She pulled two folders out from the drawer across the time labeled June 2019 and nationals 2019 and stuck it under her arm. She grabbed her notebook labeled stats and her box scoring pad labeled A. They're in the shelf next to the drawers.

"Where're we going?" Alicia asked him changing the subject.

"You can head to the dugout. Set up your score, get ready to exchange the lineup. Check the pitching whiteboard to make sure it has all the useable pitchers on it. I'll be out soon, I just have to call cashman real quick." He beamed at her. Alicia was happy she was able to pass some of the weight to someone else. He needed it.

Alicia told him it was alright with her and headed out to the dugout. She put her various items down on a bench between judge and didis things.

"Are y-you the assistant?"

She turned slightly, nervous. Another introduction. "Yes"

His fingers quivered excitedly at his sides. "H-hi! I'm sonny!"

"Hi," she replied, almost inaudibly. "You're pitching."

"Yeah. You did really great last night!" The blonde boy smiled at her. His blue eyes were happy, and his hands continued to shake at his sides. He was head to toe in his uniform, with the Yankees baseball cap on.

The corners of her mouth lifted slightly. "Thanks"

The pair turned to see a short, bald man approaching them. When he reached Alicia side, which to she sidestepped slightly, she said, "sonny, Larry want to see you and Austin."

"Oh! okay. Nice meeting you, Alicia! Bye Brett!" Sonny waved before ducking through a door.

"Hi, Brett," Alicia said, before turning her head to the pitcher board. She glanced over all the names only to find that it was missing chasen.

"Hey. I hope sonny didn't make you uncomfortable. He can be a little bit overwhelming at times." Brett chuckles.

She grinned and reached for the black expo marker. "I'm okay. I think he's sweet."

Chasen shreve ihp

"Cool." Gardener sat down on the bench and brought his knees to his chin, turning his full attention to her. "How're you feeling?"

"Nervous. again." She sighed, putting the marker down.

"It's okay, sweetie. You just hand the lineup to the mats assistant and you're good until the game starts."

"It's not that." She rapped her finger on her leg anxiously. " it's so...different than what I'm used to. I'm on tv now, I have articles written about me, contradicting everything I do and say.."

He gave her a sympathetic nod. "I know exactly how you feel. And just so you know, you can talk me whenever you're feelings like it too much."

She stopped tapping and nodded, thinking about what he'd said. "Thanks, Brett."

-

The game ended after several hours of a close score.

The Yankees lost, but no one went crazy over it because it was a 5-4 game. There were sac flies and homers on both sides, they just happened to come up short.