REAL LIFE.

Alicia leaned in the wall behind her in attempt to balance herself. All the social interaction was making her queasy.

So... u hate to bring this on you after.."Aaron started biting his nails before continuing," the hitting coach, Marcus has an assistant, pj- you know pj, right? He always presented the line up before the games, but didi left his glove at his house so they went to pick it up since Gleyber drove him here."

"I have to present the lineup?" She asked, her dark brown eyes wide with surprise, fear, and a few other emotions.

Aaron winced. "Sorry, Alicia. I know your shy.. " when she didn't say anything, he backed away into the locker room, where he had recently organized the players.

She felt like she was going to have a heart attack. She hates presenting in front of people she didn't know, even when they were as nice as the Aaron's and Brett.

"They're ready, Alicia." He paused. "Hey, it's no big deal. Just read the order and your golden."

Alicia took a deep breath and showed him a nervous smile. "Thanks"
-
She tried to pretend like she didn't notice the countless pairs of eyes watching her when she walked in

"Uh, hi ." She stared at the floor, not wanting to meet anyone's eyes. She gestured lamely to the piece of paper in her hand. "I have the finalized lineup."

Everyone waited expectantly. Alicia took a deep breath.

"Okay, gardener is first." Her eyes were glued to the paper. Finally, she dared to glance at Brett, who was smiling at her. When he saw that she was looking at him, he gave her a thumbs up and encouraging "keep going" motion. "Then judge, bird, Stanton, a-and did."

The locker room was silent. "Hicks, walker, romaine, Torres," Alicia finishes quickly and then moved behind Boone, as if she was trying to shield herself from the crushing embarrassment she felt.

"Okay, you heard her." He clapped his hands together. "Everyone get your gloves! Game starts in five!"

Before Boone could shoo them out, a booming voice called from the doorway: "where is she?"

Once again, all eyes turned to Alicia. A blur of blue and white raced at her. And she flinched as they collided. Whoever it was wrapped his arms tightly around her, and then released her just as fast.

"Hi! I'm didi!"

Alicia blinks a few times, still not completely sure what was happening. "Hi," she replied a smile makes its way onto her face. He as kind of weird, but in a cool way. She liked it.

"Jesus, didi," Alicia heard Boone mumble from his assistants side. "Okay, get out. The game starts in three, everyone out!"
-
In the bottom of the seventh inning, didi drummed absentmindedly on the railing of the dugout. "How are you liking the team?"

"I'm trying to box score," she complained, watching the exchange between the nationals pitcher and catcher.

"Brett told me you and Aaron were really hitting it off, "didi spilled, rather loudly.

She shushed him, watching as the baseball crashed into the dirt. Judge took a step back as the catcher threw the pitcher a new ball, and Alicia marked it.