REAL LIFE.

"Hey, Reyes. How're you doing?"

Alicia turned away from the batting cages, where Dee had just knocked one into the infield. She gave the man a tired smile. "Fine Brett. Feels like we haven't talked in forever."

A flash of realization when over Gardeners face, then he smirked. "You're right! I'm sorry. You've just been getting so close with Aaron, I didn't..."

"Hey!" Alicia grinned, cutting him off. The two of them burst out laughing. "You've been talking to Didi, haven't you?"

"No...?" Brett grinned.

Alicia shook her head. "That boy needs to mind his business. He's making all these rumors for everyone."

"Rumors is a weird word for it, "Brett replied. Another ball was cracked off of Dee's bat, gaining her attention all over again. Brett frowned. "But you still like this dude?"

"No," she said quickly. He broke my fucking heart."

"Hey, it's okay. I was only asking. You've just seemed kind of intent." Brett folded his legs into a sitting position next to her.

"That's my whole job. It's all for the analysis," Alicia said weakly.

Brett blinked. "No, I got it. When you break up with someone and see them all over again, especially after a long period of time , it's.... well, it's like how you're feeling now."

She stared at him, silent. She felt the familiar pressure behind her eyes and was scared that she would start crying in front of him. "What do I do?" She whispered, putting a hand over her face.

"Talk to him, get some closure. But don't start drama. That will only make things worse."

"He doesn't wanna talk to me. He could barley even look at me and Didi saw them." She didn't want to meet his eyes.

This time, Brett shook his head. "No, no. He needs the closure as much as you do. He knew it was your first time flying, baby you were going to the game against the nats. That means he's keeping track of the schedule, which means he's still hung up on you."

"You're reaching," she said softly. "And Didi told you that Dee called me on the plane, too. He really spills everything."

"Just trust me." Brett stood up. "He's done in bp, I'm up now. I'll see you later."

Alicia nodded, distracted. She didn't want to talk to him, but with the way Brett has worded it, she felt like she had to.

"Yo, Dee."

He froze in place, causing Mallex and Kyle seagar to turn as well. Dee shook his head, unbelievably. "No, I don't have time for this," he said quickly. Mallex and Kyle looked at each other.

"It'll be quick, please." Her tone had come out more desperate than she had meant.

He rubbed his hands over his face, the stared at the ceiling. "Okay, Reyes. You get five minutes."

Mallex patter dees shoulder, nodding at Alicia. The less popular seagar held the door for Mallex as the two of them walked out.

"Start talking."

Alicia wrapped her arms around herself, it suddenly felt colder. "Gardener told me it would be good for us to have closure. I kind of understand what he's talking about."

"What do you mean?"

She shrugged. She didn't want to suggest anything out of fear of being made fun of.

"If you wanted to," she nodded. "It might be the only way for everything between us to finally be over with."

"Anything you want, you got it.." Dee blinked. He said shakily, "I'll see you tomorrow..?"

"Of course," she replied. She reached her arms out for him and he rushed into them, wrapping his arms around her neck. After a few seconds, she released him and took a step back. "You okay?" It felt good to be asking the question for once, instead of being the one everyone was worried about.

He nodded, a hint of a smile on his face. "I think I can finally get over you now."

"Damn, you really did that. " Aaron sat back in his chair, dumbfounded. "I'm so amazed by you, a."

She waved her hand in the air. "Stop it," she laughed.

"That's great.. you and Dee making amends." Aaron shook his head and grinned down at his sushi. "That's a whole other step me and Jen never took."

"And finally the last thing he said was I think I can finally get puberty you now. And that's like.. well, it's exactly how I felt. We were both relieved, I guess." Alicia took a bite of her spring roll.

Aaron admired her, to say the least. She was everything he wasn't.. preseverant, for one thing. She was always doing things they left him in pure awe. He felt proud that he was special enough just to be sitting next to her.

"What's wrong?"

He snapped out of his thoughts. "I was just thinking that.." Aaron trailed off. He would never be able to put his thoughts into words, never around her. He put a convincing smile on his face. "The salmon avocado roll is amazing."

"