chapter eighteen||🅃🄷🄴 🅂🅃🄾🅁🄼 🄸🅂 🄲🄾🄼🄸🄽🄶

TW, mention of panic attack, intrusive thoughts, hallucinations, (I was literally watching a ddlc play through while writing this so beware)

Apathy was never supposed to be nice.

Apathy was the lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern. But he was more than that. He did not care about anything but himself.

Apathy could also be described as unsympathetic but he preferred Apathy.

Due to what he is, everything he does makes sense, he hurts people for fun. For his own benefit.

Some people would think that's like what Janus is.

Janus is deceit, but he was mislabeled, he was more like self preservation is a mental/emotional way. His first instinct is to lie though that's why he's been labeled deceit. But he's capable of much more.

As self preservation he helps Thomas be more selfish. But there's still a difference. Janus helps Thomas so he stays happy, Apathy on the other hand doesn't even care for Thomas's happiness and when Janus helps out Thomas still cares about others, the same can't be said for Apathy.

Unlike the other 'dark sides' he was banished to the dark sides, he was formed there, but along the line Janus decided to push him farther back into the dark side to the point he hardly affected Thomas.

Apathy was bored for a long time, there was no one to mess with and he didn't have creative control, but now that he's free and with the deal he made with Roman once he's done the little job he won't ever be bored again. That's all he wanted. So he did anything to be 'happy'.

When he was in the back of the dark side he did figure out a way to mess with only one of the others with leaving. He was like a ghost but it was chosen by who was closest the first time he was a 'ghost' of who he 'haunted' and the closest person was Remus.

Apathy had a hard time figuring out what to do to mess with him, but he eventually thought of something....

.

.

.

.

Remus woke up in his room for the first time in quite a while. After Roman was banished his room was placed in the dark side and Remus's took his place in the light side, so he doesn't have to sleep on the couch anymore.

Even though his room was moved in was still as sad as it was in the dark side. But with each passing day it gets,,, darker. When he first moved it was dull and now it's dark, literally. All the colors had darken and the overall mood was just creepy even in the slightest.

After Remus first saw the figure for the first time he just on getting worse. He kept on seeing the figure more and more often, and had his episodes more and more often, but never trying to kill himself like he did countless times before. Everyone notices the differences and sometimes they'd ask but they only got vague and dismissive answers so they left it be.

Every time Remus sees the figure he goes into a head space like he's in danger. He often attacks people and breaks things, it's getting hard to control and although the others don't tell me this he still knows.

And it makes him feel like a burden.

And Apathy knows that....

It was a pretty normal day when everything started going downhill very quickly.

It was about lunch time and Patton was making lunch. Everything was pretty normal. But Remus had a really back nightmare the night prior so he was disassociating a little bit but no one bothered him about it.

The world to Remus was darker because of it too. Everything looked like it had a dark filter on it, no matter what he did. He looked blankly into the wall until he saw the figure flash before his eyes for only half a second then everything went to normal just like that, it was like some sort of glitch. But he's seen worse so he brushed it off.

When lunch was ready they all sat down at the table and ate. When they were eating Remus kept on seeing the figure flash before his eyes and the world going dark and then going away in less than a moment over and over again.

Then everything went black, the only thing visible was the figures glowing eyes. The others noticed this and tried to help but Remus couldn't see nor hear anything they did. The figure kept on disappearing and reappearing in an instant and inching closer every time he does.

Then i̷̤̠̞̤͖̘̬̰̎͝t̵̢̞͎̞͉̥̦̭̻͒̌̈́̔̇́̑̎ happened........