𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14

𝖂𝖊 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖌𝖔 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖉 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘...
-Norman Bates.

I barely touched my food and began playing with the noodles, trying to make a pattern. Noticing the way Darius was staring at me, the phrase 'if looks could kill...' ran through my mind.

If looks could kill, I'd be bacon by now.

Henry must have noticed my unease because he gave me a worried look and grasped my hand under the table, rubbing soothing circles on it. Everything was perfectly fine until Darius broke the silence.

"Anastasia will be having dinner with us today."

Henry clenched his teeth, making a vein tick off in his jaw and there was a pin drop silence.

"Darius!" Gothel gasped.

"What the hell, dad?" Evan growled. I widened my eyes when Evan spoke. Evan never talks unless it was very necessary. The situation at hand was very grave indeed.

"Who's Anastasia?" I asked in a curious voice.

"No one that deserves attention, my love," he replied and tightened his grip on my hand.

"Anastasia," Darius began, "Is the future Luna of Blue Moon Pack."

"But I am Henry's mate, so I am the future Luna of this pack," I replied confidently, all the while my eyes were trained on Darius.

"No, you aren't. You are just a nuisance to this family and pack. A weak link. Henry needs a strong Luna, not a human that could ruin everything we have worked so hard to build."

I stared at him with a dumbfounded look. I tried to process what he had said in my mind. I just couldn't let it sink. "Excuse you!" I yelled, getting up to my feet. I had had enough. "If you have a problem with me getting mated to your son, why don't you tell the moon goddess about it, instead of picking on me?

"I never asked for any of this! I never asked to be dragged into a world of wolves and the supernatural. But since the responsibility of leadership is placed on my shoulders, I intend to carry out all my responsibilities until the call of death.

"And if that isn't good enough for you," I said with a low voice while maintaining eye contact with Darius who looked like he was about to blow a gasket, "then scrëw you," I smirked.

Henry dragged me out of there to the music room, slammed me into a wall and began attacking me with kisses.

I entwined my fingers with his hair and moulded my body with his. We fitted perfectly, like two matching pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

"Chloe, my Luna," he murmured, his voice now husky as he came up to kiss my lips. "You are mine. My fucking distraction."

I sighed as he nuzzled my cheek. "I felt so mad. Like I could rip his head off-"

"Hey, hey." I lifted his face to look at me. "But you have me, don't you?"

"Yes, I do, my love. And nothing can take you away from me. We are soulmates."

I nodded and pecked his lips. "Yes, I am. And there's nothing anyone can do to change that."

We heard applause behind us; we both turned and Addy, Evan, Jasper, Dave and Jenny were behind us, clapping and whistling.

"That. Was. Awesome !" Jenny shrieked.

"No one except Henry has ever talked back to my dad!" Jasper shouted.