𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 13

I woke up on a large bed, arms wrapped around my waist and a vanilla smell filling my nostrils. I blinked and tried to turn around without waking him up. I shifted away from him and tried to sit up.

He came closer to me, put his knee between my legs and tightened his grip on my waist. He buried his face in my neck and sighed contentedly. Unfortunately, I got to the edge and rolled off the bed, grabbing his hand in the process.

We tumbled down together and he landed on me and his eyes flew open. So much for not waking him up.

I squirmed underneath him, "Oof! Get off me, you big bag of potatoes!"

He rolled off me and his brown eyes gazed into mine, smirking. "Did you just call me a big bag of potatoes, short stack?" He sounded so serious, yet I could see the amusement in his eyes.

I laughed awkwardly. "Pfft, me? Of course not. I'm sure your ear needs some checking." We fell into a comfortable silence and used the moment to enjoy being in each other's arms. Several days had passed I accepted my fate as Henry's mate.

After he had explained to me that he was the Alpha, the head, of his pack, I accepted to be his Luna and his mate.

But yet, I wonder... If it wasn't for the mate-bond, would Henry had even looked in my direction or would he have noticed me?

"What are you thinking of, milaya?" He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

I snapped out of my daze and blinked several times. "Huh? Oh, I was thinking about how pancakes go so well with a spread of Nutella and a glass of orange juice."

He looks at me incredulously. "You are crazy."

I give him a grin, "I am your crazy! And you love me!"

He chuckled and pecked my lips and leaned his forehead on mine before whispering, "Yes, my love, I do."

I wrinkled my nose at him before blurting, "You have morning breath."

"Way to ruin the moment," he said rolling his eyes.

I rub my nose on his and giggled. I got up and ran out a door before I ran back in. I stood for a moment before I tried another door; it led to another door. I opened it, it led to a closet. I walked back and stood in front of Henry, who was on the bed with hands behind his head, feet crossed and an amused smile on his face.

The posture of ease and amusement.

"Okay, which door leads to the bathroom?"

He got off the bed and ruffled my hair. "Thought you'd never ask." He led me to a door beside the closet. How had I noticed it before?

"The house doesn't look like the one I saw last," I commented.

"Oh, that's because this is my parent's house," he said with a murderous expression.

"Your what?" Before I could commit murder, he made up some silly excuse about going to check on Evan.

He smiled and kissed my hair before leaving me to some privacy. I slipped out of my clothes and got into the bathroom after brushing my teeth.

Might I add that the bathtub was almost as big as the room? I think I could use it as a swimming pool.

I filled it with hot water and added some bubbles to it. I sank in and wriggled my arms around to make more bubbles. I sighed when I began to feel the relaxing effect of the bath bomb.

Henry's parents, huh? Henry never really talked about his parents and always avoided the topic when I brought it up. This should be an interesting breakfast.