𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 27

“Remember who you are…Your mission is not complete, Eirene until you find your sister and remember who you are…”

❀❀❀

“Chloe, please come back to me…please…wake up…”

My eyes flew open and I sat up, gasping like someone who had run a mile. I’m alive…?

“Chloe, Chloe, you're alive!” Someone wrapped their arms around my waist and pulled me closer to a warm body. 

“Henry…” I breathed and nuzzled closer into his chest. Henry buried his face into my neck where my mark was and breathed my scent in like his next breath of oxygen. “I'm so sorry…I thought I could help…I thought—” 

He cut me off by pressing his lips to mine. A small gasp escaped from my lips as he swiped his tongue along my bottom lip, asking for entrance and fighting for dominance. The kiss was as sweet as honey and gentle. My eyes fluttered close as I felt the sparks erupting and tingling all over my body. 

Henry’s hands tightened on my waist as my hands found their way to his soft brown hair. In his arms I felt safe, I felt loved. I knew that he loved me more than Jude would have ever done and I was certain that I belonged in his arms. 

The realization hit me; I am not afraid anymore and I trust him completely.

After what felt like a couple of beautiful hours, but was only a few minutes, we both pulled away for air, breathing heavily. Henry leaned his forehead in mine, his beautiful brown orbs holding me in peaceful captivity. 

“You idiot, you scared me to death! You do not know how much I love you. I don't know what would have happened…what I would have done…if you did not wake up. If you had left me…goddess forbid it.” 

“I'm sorry. I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday. I didn't mean to worry you and I wasn't really in my right mind when I yelled and argued with you. I just didn't like the feeling of being useless and weak,” I told him truthfully as I lowered my gaze to the ground. “Please forgive me.”

I felt his gaze on me as he sat there silently observing me. Please don't hate me… I prayed in my head as I squeezed my eyes shut. I'm sorry.

Finally, I felt the bed move and Henry put his finger under my chin and lifted my face to meet his gaze. He placed his lips on my forehead and let it linger there for a while before pulling away to let his eyes roam around my face. “I am not mad at you and I don't hate you.”

“Really?”

“Really.” He dropped a reassuring kiss on my lips before pulling back to study my face. His jaw tightened as his eyes roamed around my face and a low growl emitted from his throat. “I swear I will fucking kill the person that sent those vampires here. Your face…”

“I'm fine, don't worry about it. I'm just glad I have you.” 

“Me too,” he sighed into my hair.

I leaned on his chest, listening to his heartbeat before I spoke again. “Henry?”

“Hmm?” he hummed while he unconsciously drew circles on my upper arm.

“Sometimes, I feel like someone out there is calling out for me…like someone is waiting for me. I don't know, I can't explain it. But I feel the moon calling for me.”

“Hmm…I guess that happens to you since you are the Red wolf. According to legend, the Red wolf was chosen. The moon chose you for a purpose. It chose you because you are special, Chloe.” 

A peaceful silence encompassed us as we basked in the warmth we both gave off. It was like we had our little bubble of tranquillity for the time being and the only sounds were our quiet breathing and thumping of our hearts.

“We should probably get back; everyone will be waiting for us.”

“Yeah…” I lifted my head from his chest and sat upright so that he could get up from underneath me. I stood and regarded my clothes, cringing in disgust. “I think I need something to wear first and I probably need to take a bath first.” My eyes roamed along my body until they stopped at my bandaged hip. “Why is my hip bandaged?”

“A sword cut through your hip as a result of you diving head-first—or in this case, leg first—into sacrificing your leg for a vampire. Do you feel any pain?”

“No. I don't feel anything at all. I—” I was cut off by a knock on the door. “Come in.” 

The door gave way to a black female doctor wearing a lab coat with silver hair, a heart-shaped face, and an athletic body of about 4 or 5 feet tall. She looked nice and very healthy—but then again, werewolves didn’t have to work for their body; they naturally just had it. 

“Ah, Luna,” she bowed her head and I blushed slightly, “I see that you are awake. That’s very good since your mate here threatened to cut off our fingers and lock us up in the stockade if you didn’t come to.”

“…” Horrified, I turned to look at Henry with mouth agape. “Henry!”

“What? In my defence, she threatened to send me away from you!” he shrugged like he did nothing wrong.

“So? It doesn’t mean that you get to cut people’s fingers off!” I shrieked and threw my arms wildly in the air. “That’s rude!”

“But…”

“No buts! Now apologize.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes, seriously. Apologize.”

“Fine,” he pouted like a sulking kid told to do something he didn’t want to. It was kind of adorable. “I am sorry.”

The doctor just watched us with a blank face, trying to stifle the laughter threatening to escape from her lips. “Um,” she cleared her throat, “Luna, you can leave now. All organs seem to be functioning properly and your vitals were not injured. You are free to go.”

“Thank you,” I smiled. She bowed and left the room. He stood up carried me carefully and walked out of the room like I weighed nothing. Before we left the packhouse, I saw a good number of people receiving treatment and tending to their wounds as a result of the fight.

“All these people…” I whispered as I stared at a man that had an arrow stuck to his shoulder. 

“This is what happens when the vampires do not stick to their side of the deal. We were both at peace when the previous monarch, Lord Dimitri, was king. 

“Long ago, the moon gave birth to five creatures; Werewolves, Vampires, Fae, Witches, and Demons. A peace treaty for all creatures of the night was proposed so that every creature could live in harmony and therefore, The Council of Creatures was formed.

“The Council was made up of a representative—usually the leader—of the 5 creatures. The Council was created for everyone to live away from the humans to protect them, and to unite the kingdoms above and below. 

“Sadly, there was a crisis of which no one knows the origin of.”

“What happened?”

“It tore the five kingdoms apart. It gave birth to mistrust and every kingdom began to doubt the other. Suspicion was the order of the day.

“Finally, a solution was brought forward. The witches left the earth to the Ever realm where chaos was embraced. The fae folk lives in the Na’o Gó realm and the demons live like savages in the underworld. So, the vampires and wolves made a compromise that as long as they stay on their side of the borders, there will be no problem.

“But it looks like the new king has other ideas. If this,” he gestured to the injured wolves, “continues to go on, we would have no other choice but to start a war. And trust me, it won't be pretty.”