𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4

What happened out there?

That was the question I asked myself until 4pm in the evening. What happened to you?! You were supposed to calm and strong, like a warrior. Your behavior was unacceptable; grandpa would be disappointed!

As I paced around the living room, my phone dinged, snapping me out of my reverie.

Hey, kid. It’s dad. I’m sorry, I can’t make it for Movie night. My boss called and I have a lot of work to. I will be arriving later in the night. Meanwhile, help yourself to some lasagna in the fridge.

I love you, bye

Great. Now, I’m stuck in here with nothing to do. I rolled my eyes and went back to pacing. I need to get out. Let some stress out. I needed to train. I grabbed a katana and changed my clothes into a black sports bra and grey joggers. I always trained barefoot; the shoes slow down my speed.

When I was sure that no one was looking through my dad’s backyard, I paced in the center, slicing the air with my sword to become accustomed to it. “It’s just you and me now, old friend,” I whispered and assumed an attacking stance.

Circling my imaginary enemy, I had my sword ready at arm length. Raising it, I lunged twice, twirled in a circle and sliced through the air.

I lunged, twisted and turned, whilst pacing with quick and nimble steps for at least an hour, when the doorbell rang and snapped me out of my concentration. I grounded my teeth in frustration and stomped the door, not minding my sweaty appearance. “Coming,” I yelled and dropped my blade on the kitchen island.

Let them think I’m crazy. That will keep them away at least.

I grumbled in annoyance and flung the door open, ready to chew the person out for disturbing me. “I’m going to strangle you untill your eyes pop out if you—”

I know what you’re thinking; probably not the best neighbourly thing to say, but I was already annoyed because of the interruption. But that was the least of my problems. The person at the door was the man I saw at Joe’s with his hands lifted to knock again.

My eyes roamed around his face, from his ruffled brown hair that was swept to his right side, deep brown eyes with long lashes that perfected his eyes, to his beautiful angular nose and his full pink lips. He was about a foot taller than me, and as he stared down at me, I felt my heart beating faster with his presence and my body craving his tempting touch.

My eyes roamed his face again before settling on a smirk on his face. I frowned and schooled my features before the talons of desire could drown me.

“Hello, can I help you?” I asked with a blank expression. He stared at me for a moment, his eyes lingering on my lips and my neck. He stared at my eyes before he dropped his hand.

He stepped closer to me and brushed my hair from the base of my neck. I gasped when he leaned down and glided his nose along my neck, inhaling deeply. “You have a wild side,” he commented, “and somehow,” his chest rumbled against mine, “I find that hot. You are mine.”

With a flick of his tongue, I stilled like I was electrocuted and placed my hands on his chest, attempting to push him back. His teeth clamped on my neck in warning and I froze. When he seemed satisfied, that I wasn’t going to move, he released my neck and lightly placed a feather-like kiss on my neck.

I stilled while my fingers reached for the dagger I hid in a secret pocket at the back of my jeans. In a fluid motion, I grasped it and plunged it in his bicep.

When he widened his eyes in disbelief, I used the opportunity to slam the door in his face and grabbed my katana, strapping it to my back, and my phone to call my dad. Ignoring the constant knocking on the front door, I ran to the backyard.

“Come on, dad. Pick up,” I muttered when my calls went to voice mail. Sighing in dismay, I pocketed and lodged my foot in the gap of the gate. Just as I was about to boost myself up, the patio door slammed open with a bang.

I turned and met the eyes of the brown-eyed man. Mine widened in surprise and I jumped, ready to roll into the bushes when a body rammed into me and tackled me to the ground.

Groaning, I rubbed bump on my head and attempted to stand when a cloth was brought to my nose. I accidentally inhaled and the drug began to take its effect.

Black spots danced around my vision and I felt myself tumble to the ground. With the remaining consciousness I had left, I realized that I was kidnapped by a sexy brown-haired angel.

Darkness.