ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 2 Oᖴ ᗪᗩᑌᘜᕼTᗴᖇՏ Oᖴ Tᕼᗴ ᗰOOᑎ.

Did you know that running while your heart is broken can cause insanity? Right now, insanity is the new normal for me.

I withdrew 5 hundred dollars from the bank, growled at a cat because she was staring at me, hot-wired a car to drive to my dad's, and cried while eating a tub of vanilla ice-cream

Yep, it's official. I've lost it.

No one knows where I'm headed except my dad. Though he tried to discourage me from going, he could see that my mind was already made up.

After I made him promise not to tell anyone where I was going to, he wrapped his arms around me and said, "Chloe, where you are going is demon and vampire territory. You must protect yourself and mask your scent. Remember your grandfather's training."

He released me and pushed a hidden button on the kitchen counter and it opened a secret cabinet. "Woah," I gaped. "How did I not know that was there?"

My dad chuckled and lifted a long box from the cabinet. "I was saving these for when you were ready. It is time." When he opened it, I was amazed.

In the box were weapons of every kind. Grenades; swords; shurikens; guns; bayonets; bludgeons, and more weapons. "Take your pick."

"For real?" I asked. When he nodded, I buckled a hoister on my waist and my left leg. I grabbed a bow and a quiver filled with arrows, two guns, five grenades, a shrinkable bo, about a dozen shurikens, and finally, a sword."

"Ah. That was your grandfather's favorite sword. I remember him always training every night with this." I unsheathed it and stared in awe at the craftsmanship. There were three words engraved to the sword's base.

Truth, Honor, Trust.

Trust. I choked back a sob and blinked back my tears. Henry, what happened to you? "Are you alright?" my dad asked with concern.

I nodded, lying to myself. "

"I guess, I must be on my way," I said and began to walk to the door. My dad followed after and stopped at the hotwired car.

"Chloe, whose car is this?" he asked as he inspected the car.

"Well...I may have...sort of...borrowed it?" I rubbed the back of my neck and gave him a sheepish smile.

"What am I going to do with you?" he muttered and ran a hand through his hair.

"Well, you could let me use your plane."

"Sure." He unlocked a black Mercedes and slipped inside. "Put that bow at the backseat." I got in and we were off.

❀❀❀

"My daughter...the Moon Goddess, Selene, made sure you were raised to be a warrior. Just like your mother." He smiled and kissed my forehead. When he withdrew and looked into my eyes, his final words were, "Ask your mother about your story."

On the plane, I felt lonely and my heart ached for Henry. My jellybean...what happened to you...?

I sighed and fumbled through the box of weapons and noticed something black peeking out from the bottom of the box. When I pulled it out, I gasped in surprise.

I had pulled out Henry's hoodie and attached to it was a note from Kayden.

Hey, Red. I kind of figured you will leave to save your sister, so I picked up Henry's hoodie and kept it in the box of weapons your dad will give you. I mean everyone knows how much you love them.

Anyway, the real reason I wrote this letter because I think Anastasia must have hypnotized Henry somehow and I think she must have spelled the ring that matches yours. I can't seem to break the spell; it must have been done by a very powerful witch. You have to convince Henry to take it off. It is the only way.

I believe you can do something. Please, don't give up on him. Only you can save my best friend and your mate.

I await your arrival.

-Kayden.

The ring? My heart fluttered at the possibility of Henry still in love with me, and I quickly called his phone.

It rang for a few seconds before it cut off with the annoying 'number busy' message. Frustrated, I gave Kevin a call. He answered on the first ring.

"Chloe, is that you? Where are you? Everyone's been going crazy about your escape. Are you hurt?"

"Kevin, calm down. I'm fine. But I need a favor from you."

"Sure, what's up?"

"I need you to convince Henry to take off his ring. You know that one similar to mine," I added impatiently. "It's on his left ring finger."

"Chloe," he sighed, "you are asking the impossible. Besides, Henry seems a little...off these days."

"Please, I need you to remove it. It's the only way."

"Chloe..."

"Kevin, I don't have time for this. Need I remind you that you speak to the future Luna of your pack?" I growled.

A whimpering was heard at the end of the line and then silence. Finally, Kevin spoke in a quiet voice, "I shall do as you have instructed."

"Thank you," I whispered. "And, I'm sorry." When Kevin said nothing else, I hung up.

Hang on, Henry. I'll be back, I thought as the plane came to a skiddy halt.

❀❀❀

San Francisco.

Home to the Demon Realm and the Witches Coven, though vampires live here too, they are usually the rulers and lords. The witches like to be on their own and the demons, well, you can call them the 'noisy neighbors

A vampire cannot live in San Francisco unless a pureblood. And the purebloods,...they own the law.

"Hey, watch it, you mangy mutt!" a man shouted as he bumped into me. I huffed and internally cursed at the man as I walked along some abandoned houses.

The few humans found are either slaves to the demons, which are called 'hellbound' or, those on the run.

My sister did not choose the best place to be captured. Where is she?

"Hey, kid!" I whirled around to see three ugly and mean-looking behind me.

Demons.

Without a second thought, I ran. Dodging, sliding, and jumping, I ran faster than ever before. I ran about a kilometer before I finally turned to see no one chasing me.

I slowed to a jog, and finally a walk, but kept my guard up.

"Well, looks like we have a runner." Sure enough, the three men were behind me. "Now, what's a pretty girl like you doing on this streets? Didn't your mother tell you to beware of the monsters lurking in the shadows?"

"I think she would look much better when taught a lesson and chained to my bed," snarked the last demon. At that comment, I snapped my hands blazed with fire. What did Kayden tell me about my short temper?

"It can't be... She is the red wolf!"

Oops...