When the young become older

Groaning I throw my hands up exhausted as Drake smiles sympathetically as Luffy who's stuck on my back chuckles i'm in hybrid point so his suffocating grip doesn't hurt me at all though Sabo can't say the same bent over trying to refill his lungs with air.Today is a special day the field day a time when the guardians of the kids and teens are allowed to come watch their kids play games to their hearts content.

"_____!" Chopper calls out cheerfully running over when I casually reach a paw out stopping the boy who tripped over Usopp who had been caught in between the collision of one of Sanji and Zoro's brawls again. "Hey Chopper are you alright? You should be more careful" I comment as the young reindeer nods his head adjusting his hat before carefully grabbing Luffy's arm managing to coax the energetic rubber boy off my back as I give a nod of thanks as Chopper blushes nodding his duplicity nature was so freaking cute.

"OI _____!" Zoro shouts walking over a heavy set grimace as an irritated Sanji stands beside him each bristling with sparks of rivalry in my opinion but I wouldn't ever tell them that. "Tell Moss head over here i'd be able to win the long jump easily!" Sanji pressures me as I calculate inn my mind and it is logical that Sanji would be able to jump farther since he can use Sky Walk.

"Than tell the Ero-cook that he wouldn't stand a chance in a strength contest" Zoro retorts huffing out while I sweat drop why are they asking me i'm not going to pick between the two fueling the fire. "QUIT IT BOTH OF YOU" Nami yells smacking both boys over the head with her fist as I wince while a chuckling Robin and a snickering Franky walk over as a distressed Brook is running away from dog minks who upon seeing the skeletal teen wanted a piece of him.

"Oh hey ____" Bepo calls waving as I smile waving back when Shachi and Penguin give me devious smirks as they turn grabbing Law and shoving him towards me as he stumbles muttering under his breath I chuckle saying "Rough day buddy?" Law gives me a 'what do you think' look as I shrug my shoulders. Law gives me a deadpan look as a hand lands on his head I smirk at Rocinante who won't look at me as he tugs at his collar saying "u-uhm hey _____ didn't know so many people would be here" I beam at his nervousness it's true there are a ton of people here.

"Hey ____ how are you doing?" "_____ hey!" "_____ nice to see you" many people call out to me as I wave and smile greeting each person in turn as Hawkins rolls his eyes as we take our spot today is fun and games and parents and guardians are allowed to help their kids and teens. Since most of the participants have powers it's a more advanced field days with a lot of more professional level games.

"First competition Obstacle course!" Anne an idol who came to announce today's game cheers as kids,teens and guardians take a starting stance ready to beat the others into the dust. Drake and Hawkins are silent as I hum in content there is no need to worry if we lose we just have to have fun and my boys know this very well.

"Let the best team win!" Anne cries as she throws the baton into the air the moment it touches the ground we're off like rockets those with speed quickly taking the lead. Running with a consistent pace I grab Hawkins arm and Drake who let themselves be dragged while I smirk seeing Ace and Luffy ahead trying to pull ahead of the other while Sabo just passes them by making them both annoyed.

The race is speed at first but obstacles normal people wouldn't clear easily appear further on speaking of obstacles the wall climb appears ahead as I snicker as I twist my body throwing Hawkins and Drake the two using each other as launching boards swing around arms interlocked to push off the wall surface as I throw them up again until we clear the wall. Looking down I quickly move back avoiding the dual flames of Marco and Ace who shoot up seconds behind us.

"KEEP UP!" the voice of Kid yells smugly from farther ahead with Killer at his side shoulders sagging pro ably from sighing again. Ace accepting the challenge moves jumping off the other side of the wall as Marco catches him as they take off in this race everythings fair game I jump feeling my body shift into monster point as Hawkins and Drake land on my back as I take off across the ground jumping to the left or right avoiding spikes that rise from the ground.