Chapter 1

All Characters and locations borrowed from Stephen King's "It" remain his property. I own only the character's I've created

Helpful Notes:
"Speaking Aloud"
Subconscious Thoughts, not heard by others.

A/N: This story involves VERY mature and sometimes disturbing situations. (Lots of smut later on in the book!) If you have any triggers I suggest perhaps trying another story.

Chapter One

The hum of the copy machine had managed to pull Venus into a hypnotic state of deep thought

The hum of the copy machine had managed to pull Venus into a hypnotic state of deep thought. She stood in the office at her job where she worked as a copy editor for the Encinitas Advocate, a local newspaper company in California.

Something was off and she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Her fiancé, Aiden Fairchild, was a man of strict habit. She'd known him five years and he always did everything the same way. He took his showers at night. He also always grabbed his breakfast on the way to where he worked as a lawyer for a local firm, heading off before she ever had a chance to offer to make him anything.

Today he showered in the morning even though he'd showered last night, and even though he'd gotten ready, he hadn't left for breakfast, but he also hadn't eaten anything at home. When she offered to make him something he declined and told her to have a good day. His wallet had still been sitting on the bar when she left for work. Why wasn't he in a hurry to get going like usual?

"Venus?"

She suddenly jerked out of her thoughts when she heard a voice behind her. She turned to see her bosses secretary, Lisa Brown standing behind her. "Oh hey, Lisa. I'm sorry I didn't hear you come in." She mumbled softly.

"It's okay sweetie. Jack asked to see you in his office." She informed her. Venus nodded and picked up some papers from the printer.

"No worries. I'll head that way." Venus responded. She dropped the items she'd copied onto her desk, then headed in to Jack's office.

She'd never been the biggest fan of the man. He was a bit inappropriate at times, burly, and always eating, but he wasn't unkind. His eyes raked over Venus's petite figure like he always did, making her feel incredibly uncomfortable.

"Yes sir?" She asked, her voice silky and gentle like always. He sighed as if he was tired.

"Close the door, Venus." He muttered. A cold feeling wove it's way through her chest. He never had her close the door.

"D-Did I do something... wrong?" She asked nervously as she sat in the chair across from him.

He shook his head. "No, dear. You never do. You're one of my favorite copy editors. You're always on time, you work hard and your easy on the eyes for an old fart like me." He joked.