Chapter 19

All Characters and locations borrowed from Stephen King's "It" remain his property. I own only the character's I've created.

Helpful Notes:
"Speaking Aloud"
Subconscious Thoughts, not heard by others.

A/N: This story involves VERY mature and sometimes disturbing situations. If you have any triggers I suggest perhaps trying another story.

Chapter Nineteen

She'd never admit this out loud, but Venus had always loved Harley Quinn. When she was a little girl, she watched every piece of media she could get her hands on that had any version of Harley in it. So, her Dad knew, but that was about it.

The only outgoing thing she ever did in high school was when they drew names for a play in her Drama class (their teacher happened to be a big DC fan), and she drew Harley for the leading role. She was absolutely terrified to have the role, yet absolutely elated... deep, deep down.

She'd never forget how supportive her Dad was. He knew how much she loved Harley Quinn and he also knew how shy she was. He literally hired someone to give her lessons on her acting and accent, just for a high school play!

The lessons helped build her confidence for the performance, but truth be told the talent was already there. When it came to acting and imitating accents, Venus was a natural, but you'd never guess it. She'd lived her entire life hiding that talent for fear of what others would say. The only time she ever came out of the shadows was for that one single play, and she had completely nailed it.

Now here she was, the night of the Halloween Festival, staring down a reflection that looked literally nothing like her normal self, and feeling more alive than she had since the last time she bore the role.

Her chest tightened with anticipation and nerves when she realized that in less than an hour, she'd be in front of people, and she'd be dressed like this

Her chest tightened with anticipation and nerves when she realized that in less than an hour, she'd be in front of people, and she'd be dressed like this... but more importantly, she'd be in front of him dressed like this.

She'd given this night a lot of thought, and she'd decided that for just one night, she was leaving her normal, shy self at home. For one night, she was just going to go for it, no matter what anyone said, no matter what anyone thought. She was in a town where people still didn't know her that well, she was dressed like Harley Quinn and any minute now the Joker would literally be picking her up for a date. Tonight, she would do things different.

"Face it, Harl, this stinks — yer a certified nutso wanted by the law in over a dozen states — and hopelessly in love with a murderous, psychopathic clown." the Brooklyn accent poured flawlessly from her lips, surprising even her, and for the first time in probably her entire life, a wicked smile crossed her face. I'm gonna kill it tonight!

She took a deep breath and forced her nerves deep down. They were not getting the best of her tonight. After all, she couldn't let her Puddin' down, now could she?