▪️Chapter 25▪️

"You two look nice," complimented Elena. She had just walked out of the conference room with Kent, Scott, and Linkon by her side when she saw the two in the living room. Cole, who wore a black suit with a navy blue shirt, was sitting in front of the TV with a bored expression, and Lucas, who wore a navy blue suit with a white shirt, was leaning against the wall, one hand in his pocket while the other was going through his phone.

"Right?" Cole smirked, standing up while Lucas pocketed his phone and stood next to his best friend. They both simultaneously crossed their ankles and did a perfect three-sixty turn showing off with matching grins.

Elena laughed but said nothing when Victoria came running down the stairs with a huge grin. "Okay, everything is done, let's get you ready." Before Elena could say anything, Victoria had already dragged her away and into her room.

Half an hour later, Victoria came jumping down the stairs with a satisfied expression and proud grin. "Gentlemen, I give you our one and only, Anele Gustin."

The boys all suddenly turned to look at the stairs where Elena was smoothly making her way down. Victoria had dressed her in an off-shoulder backless navy blue dress with long sleeves and a slit that ended on her mid-thigh. Her blonde wig was flowing down her back in waves along with more makeup then they have ever seen her wear.

Link let out a low whistle. "Damn boss, you look good!"

"Thanks, Link," she laughed as she reached the others. "You guys ready?"

"Let's do this," said Cole adjusting his suit.

Lucas did nothing but a nod. Frowning, he offered her his arm that she accepted and they walked out while the others followed them.

"Have fun boss!" called out the twins when Lucas opened the door for her before shutting it when she was inside.

"Thank you," she said after he had climbed into the driver's seat and started the engine.

He just nodded his head and drove off. His face clearly portrayed irritation with his frowned brows and clenched jaws.

"You okay?" she asked studying his face.

"Yeah," he replied, his frown not disappearing while he kept his eyes on the road.

"You sure?" she raised a brow at him tilting her body to properly look at him.

"It's nothing," he waved her off, not looking at her despite the fact that they stood still in front of a red light.

"It's not 'nothing'," she argued narrowing her eyes at him.

"Forget it, it's stupid," he waved her off. "I feel stupid for even thinking about it."

"Yeah, well, now I want to know," she countered, crossing her arms stubbornly.

"Why?"

"Because it's upsetting you and having an upset date isn't really that much fun. Trust me, I know from experience," she told him shaking her head at the memory of all her previous dates.

He glanced at her sideways before saying, "It's the makeup."

"What about it?" she asked, not seeing what the problem was.

"It makes you seem too different," he told her with a wired expression.

"Lucas," she chuckled. "That's exactly what we want, I need to be as different from Elena Matthews as possible for tonight."

"Well, maybe that wasn't what I wanted for tonight," he sighed out with a playful chuckle.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked with a confused look.